TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Question SCREW THIS!!! >:( - April 5th 2011, 11:54 PM

I'm pissed off with Firefox! I decided to try it, it's screwed me over! It's slow, glitchy, and just a fucking retarded stupid thing and I'm uninstalling it and going back to IE, what I'm used to and trust. Firefox isn't trustworthy, at all!
I immunized on Spybot today and EVERYTHING is unprotected now ever since I installed it! How am I even supposed to fix that? I uninstalled it and everything is still unprotected so how now do I get everything protected again?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: SCREW THIS!!! >:( - April 6th 2011, 12:06 AM

OK thankfully I was able to fix everything. Once I uninstalled Firefox everything is better now. I'm just gonna stick to Internet Explorer...it's more simple for me.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Digilodger Offline
Establishing My Digital Home
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: SCREW THIS!!! >:( - April 6th 2011, 12:53 AM

Well, Mozilla Firefox is the second most popular web browser (just behind Internet Explorer who is currently in 1st, and the third place belong to Google Chrome) as of now. So as far as "trustworthy" goes, it should be fairly trustworthy.

I know that a problem similar to this has happened in the past, but the loss of immunization only happened with Firefox (rather than "everything" [quoted you]). (Plus, the latest version of Spybot should have fixed it.)

Is the immunization settings lost in "everything" or just lost in Firefox? If it's just in Firefox alone, then it's probably a bug of Spybot. Maybe you can try to reproduce the bug then report it to the Spybot team?

And just out of curiosity, could you please list the steps to reproduce the bug here? (You know, so that if anyone of us is curious, we can try it out. )

(#4 (permalink)) Old
VampirePrincess Offline
Ice Princess
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Re: SCREW THIS!!! >:( - April 6th 2011, 02:48 PM

I have a lot of problems with Firefox, as well. I have to keep it on my computer for school, since many things are only compatible with Firefox. But I can't get any videos to play in it, it's always telling me that I need a plug in and when I download it says I didn't...too easy of a way for my machine to get viruses.

Just go back to a browser you like. I use Google Chrome all the time, and IE is my backup browser. But only IE 6, though it was buggy I have refreshing issues with IE 7, 8, and 9...which is unacceptable to me.

I also experienced downloading a virus simultaniously with IE 8...perhaps that happened with you and Firefox, and so once you uninstalled it everything would work? That's what I did. It's like you get the bad version or something, and then when you download it again it's fine. :/

{{sending PINTEREST invites! just ask!}}

Volume of a Doughnut
V = 2(pi)^2 * R(r)^2

(#5 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: SCREW THIS!!! >:( - April 7th 2011, 05:20 AM

I'm back on Internet Explorer, I fixed the errors on my computer, and IE and I are happily re-united. lol

(#6 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: SCREW THIS!!! >:( - April 7th 2011, 05:55 PM

The new firefox released has been behaving unstable with me at some points. Just how unstable it behaves I guess depends on what firewalls and anti-spyware programes you have installed. It interacts with them differently.

I hope they're going to fix it pretty soon. It crashes at least 3 times a day, usually when viewing youtube.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
firecracker Offline
Atheist Pagan
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: SCREW THIS!!! >:( - April 7th 2011, 06:13 PM

You might try using Google Chrome. It's what I use and I've never had serious problems with it.

Closed Thread