TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Can't unblock my hotmail account. - April 10th 2011, 03:20 PM

So whenever I try to sign into hotmail I get this message:

Quote:
Your account has been blocked

Why are you seeing this?:
Someone may have used your account to send out a lot of junk messages (or something else that violates the Windows Live Terms of Service). << This is what happened to me.
We're here to help you get your account back.

What do you need to do?:
We'll walk you through a few steps to verify that you own the account, then have you change your password in case someone else has been accessing your account. It should only take a few minutes and then you'll be unblocked and on your way.

We've cleaned your account settings:
Often customers get here because someone else has access to your account and are using it without your knowledge to send spam. To protect you and your contacts, we've removed any Hotmail auto-replies or linked accounts you may have had.
They then let me verify my alternate email address and tell me they've send an unblocking code to it which may take a few minutes to arrive. But this has been going on since Friday. I've tried sending the unblocking code to both my alternate email addresses and waitied hours in between each time and nothing has happened.

What can I do??

Don't take life too seriously; no one gets out alive anyway.

Reach for the stars so if you fall you land on a cloud ~ Kanye West

Mistakes are minimized by experience and experience is maximised by mistakes.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Unknown10 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Can't unblock my hotmail account. - April 10th 2011, 06:01 PM

Hey,

I'd suggest creating a new Hotmail account if this has been occuring for a while. Your account may have been hacked or something and Hotmail may have picked it up, so the best solution may be to make a new one.

- Lex.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Verità Offline
Formerly KeeperOfMysteries
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Re: Can't unblock my hotmail account. - April 11th 2011, 08:14 PM

I would contact customer support. Explain to them in as many details as possible what happened, and especially that you've confirmed your alternate e-mail address, but are still not receiving a code. From there, they should be able to look into the issue, and be able to unblock your account. If all else fails, just make a new one, like Lex said. Try changing your passwords often, too, to try to help prevent something like this from happening again.

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the [mome raths] outgrabe.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Digilodger Offline
Establishing My Digital Home
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Can't unblock my hotmail account. - April 11th 2011, 08:41 PM

If it were me, rather than worry about that email account, I would be more worry about my own computer and my passwords--and potentially my credit card and bank info as well, if I ever typed it before.

Are you sure that your computer is free of keylogger?
If you have a keylogger installed on your computer, then everything you type would be send to the owner of the keylogger, including your usernames and passwords, and potentially your financial info.

Do you use the same password for EVERY single site you sign up to?
If yes, that's dumb. (No, mods, don't edit this. It is very dumb to use the same password everywhere; I don't plan to sugar-coat this action.) Anyhow, you should change them immediately after you have checked that your computer is free of keyloggers.

Yes, that means go now and change your TeenHelp's password, too, if you have made sure that your computer is free of keylogger.

Is the password even strong in the first place?
Stronger passwords make it harder to crack it with brute-force password-cracking techniques. Make sure that your new password is at least 12-character long, including both letters and numbers (special characters are fine, too, if possible), and cannot be found in the dictionary.

Now, after all that has been done. Then the recovery of the email account can take place now.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: Can't unblock my hotmail account. - April 11th 2011, 09:41 PM

No, I don't use the same password absolutely everywhere, bt I have a few I use in more than one place. Can I just ask....what is keylogger?? And how do I know if I have one?? I don't have very much computer realted knowledge at all but I have stil never heard of this.

Don't take life too seriously; no one gets out alive anyway.

Reach for the stars so if you fall you land on a cloud ~ Kanye West

Mistakes are minimized by experience and experience is maximised by mistakes.

Closed Thread