TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

FUCK firefox - April 17th 2011, 02:40 PM

Since their update all it does is crash. At least twice an hour. Loads of times I've lost work I've done, emails I've written.

This time I was writing a post for debate forums, a really long one... AAAAND it fucked up.

The software developers just DON'T do the fucking job, are a bunch of cost-cutting, lazy ass BITCHES, that just throw out an unfinished product into the market and leave it up to consumers to report bugs on it than fixing it themselves in the first place. Assholes.

So... fuck firefox. Don't use it, or update it if you have an earlier version than no.4.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: FUCK firefox - April 17th 2011, 02:52 PM

Sorry to hear about that, I can imagine it being frustrating.

I don't use Firefox anymore so I don't know anything about the new update but I heard it's working fine for some people.

I'm assuming you've already switched browsers now though so I hope that works out better for you

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: FUCK firefox - April 17th 2011, 03:26 PM

I'm sorry you're having difficulty with Firefox. I've had a bunch of trouble with it recently as well. It kept crashing, like you said, and it even stopped working with TH! Someone recommended Google Chrome to me; so far it's been working much better.

Hope you find something that works better for you!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: FUCK firefox - April 17th 2011, 05:44 PM

Sorry to hear that!
I use firefox and I've never had problems but I have heard that Google Chrome is the best browser.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Gaia Offline
same same, but different.
Outside, huh?

Name: Lou

Re: FUCK firefox - April 17th 2011, 06:02 PM

I just started getting issues with firefox and have now switched exclusively to chrome. I used to use it just when firefox was acting up, but now I realise I love it much more

Apparently they are supposed to be correcting the mistakes, but goodness knows when that might actually be.

"Life is pain, anybody that says different is selling something" ~ Fezzik's Mother, The Princess Bride. ♥

"To die, would be an awfully big adventure."~ Peter Pan

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumoured by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

~ The Buddha

14-04-2010. R.R <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Re: FUCK firefox - April 17th 2011, 06:23 PM

I was aaaaangrry lol

Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Kokoro Offline
AKB48<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mi Sun

Re: FUCK firefox - April 17th 2011, 06:37 PM

Had the same problem but it was with almost every webpage i loaded up.. switched back to IE

"Aww How Sweet!"

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Digilodger Offline
Establishing My Digital Home
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: FUCK firefox - April 17th 2011, 08:40 PM

I have been using Firefox 4 since its beta days and rarely have any problem with it.

I am currently running the stable release side-by-side with the aurora release. I have not encounter any problem yet (except for incompatibility of some add-on).

Besides Firefox, I also have Chrome dev release and stable release side-by-side, Opera web browser, Safari web browser, and IE. I have not have any problem with any of them either. (And I happen to be one of those people who like to mess with stuffs, too.)

Are you sure that it is Firefox that's at fault and not some add-on or plugin that you have installed?

Or are you sure that it's not some other third-party software that's conflicting with it? Is your computer clean and stable in the first place?

Heck, it could be one of those simple cases where DNS pre-fetching just fails.

Last edited by Digilodger; April 17th 2011 at 09:03 PM.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
how.we.operate. Offline
~Sing Me To Sleep~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Re: FUCK firefox - April 18th 2011, 06:47 AM

I actually have been using Chrome and it started to get super buggy. My boyfriend said his chrome did the same. We've both switched to Firefox and it has yet to crash for both of us.

As suggested above, check what you have installed. See if you need to update anything or if you should remove any add-ons. Try searching what happens before the crash to see if others are having the same issue, this can lead to a solution.

Just a side note, from a programmer's perspective, it takes a lot of work to make a web browser and most if not all companies will release something that isn't 100% because they need to figure out other bugs. Programmers cannot think of every single problem that everyone using their product can run into and that is why you report a bug to them.

Leave the past behind, just walk away
When it's over, and the heart break
And the cracks begin to show

*~*~This little girl was alone in the world~*~*
Hold Onto Hope

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Re: FUCK firefox - April 18th 2011, 10:46 AM

See, this is odd, since it's been working perfectly for me, I swear it's even been crashing less than before. ^^;
My only problems were caused by an incompatible add-on, which I got rid of and replaced with a different one that did the same thing.
It's a shame that it's been so buggy for people though =/.

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
noveras Offline
StRuGgLeR
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amirul Amin

Re: FUCK firefox - April 18th 2011, 03:33 PM

I used to have the same problem with 3.4 or 3.2 can't remember but since 3.6 nothing is going wrong anymore

Everyone Is Born To This World A Champion But The Only Way You Can Leave This World As A Champion Is By Not Giving Up In Life No Matters What It Throws At You
  Send a message via MSN to noveras  
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Re: FUCK firefox - April 18th 2011, 04:01 PM

I would crash for no apparent reason whatsoever sometimes. I'd leave firefox running, it'd look stable, I'd go to the toilet come back and it would manage to crash in the meantime.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
WestboundPuppet Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ramon

Re: FUCK firefox - April 19th 2011, 07:33 PM

Strange, I use Firefox all the time and only once has it crashed. I wonder why it crashes a lot for some people but not others...

Closed Thread