TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Napoleon's Triumph (Boardgame) - November 21st 2011, 06:58 AM

Just played an excellent game of Napoleon's Triumph with my friend, I was the Austrians and he was the French.

Might I suggest you listen to this while reading, just to get you in the appropriate mood.

Set-Up: It was pretty even even set-up, I exposed my right side to deploy more forces to my left, which I planned to flank around and force him across the river.

Turn 1: Minor cavalry skirmishes took place on my left flank, and I advanced my center troops onto the hills, my men along the right covered the road while Constantine's Heavy Cavalry advanced.

Turn 2: More Cavalry raiding took place while Kienmayer's Old Guard flanked around Satschan Lake to take the left flank. I advanced Bagration's Infantry on my right flank to encourage him to reinforce, he took the bait and dug in. Unfortunately, he started making advances down towards the town of Strasse.

Turn 3: He was able to defeat my cavalry raiders on the left and retreat before my Old Guard could enter the fray, damn. I noticed he started to shift his lines to my right, I had to leave the Old Guard in place so I could advance Dokhturov's Infantry down the hill.

Turn 4: Dokhturov's men were flanked to the right and left, I was able to hold them off though, while Prebyshevky's heavy infantry took a lot of fire South of Strasse.

Turn 5: Prebyshevsky's men retreated while I had to pull back Dokkturov's troops to avoid taking more fire, fortunately Langeron moved in and forced his troops to take the low ground..

Turn 6: With Prebyshevky's men broken I had to move the Old Guard up to defend my left flank from Legrand's men. Langeron was able to secure a position and defeat most of his forces in the area.

Turn 7: My right flank was hit hard by a combined assault and Langeron fell after being flanked on three sides. I should have seen that coming, damn cavalry. I flanked Constantine's Heavy Cavalry North of Bosentiz, to Santon Hill, they knocked out the Cannons he had placed along the Ricka Bach.

Turn 8: All of the men in Blaschomitz fell after he committed a Heavy Cavalry assault against the men retreating through there. Fortunately, I pulled Kollowrath's light cavalry back when he made an assault on them. He was also able to bring in three brigades of Old Guard along the road to the North, they were able to take up positions on Constantine's Cavalry.

Turn 9: He launched an assault at Constantine's Cavalry, but got so caught up in that, and as a result, Kollowrath's Light Cav. was able to flank his Old Guard and got them to route. Lichtenstein and Kienmayer's forces took up a combined flank on heights North of Solkolnitz. That was game, and the rest of his army routed. Good game friend!

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)

Last edited by Guile; November 21st 2011 at 07:43 AM.

Closed Thread