TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

How to do the natural look - April 24th 2012, 03:57 PM

I want a natural look and i keep wiping my eye makeup on and off i did it twice today like 4 times i know i shouldn't. i was thinking ditch the eyeliner and now keep it but i'm not so sure. Plus when i wear the mascara from yesterday i can see it's abit messy in my eyelash so i had to make sure it's wiped off properly. So can someone tell me or send a great video that can show me how to do it natural. I only got eyeliner, eyeshadows, mascara, foundation, powder, concealer, lipstick

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: How to do the natural look - April 24th 2012, 04:15 PM

i got black eyeliner

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Pug Princess Offline
Bug & Pug <3

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: How to do the natural look - April 25th 2012, 01:29 AM

The easiest way to look more natural is to just wear less makeup. Wear chapstick instead of lipstick, some concealer only on blemishes, and just a couple swipes of mascara is what I usually do.
Less is more when it comes to makeup and that will help keep you from having to check your face to clean it. With eye liner, the best way to make it look natural is to just line your eyelid and don't wing it out.

I did find this excellent video for you though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB8nfJCOIeE

~~~
HelpLINK Mentor & Project Advisor

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: How to do the natural look - April 25th 2012, 04:32 AM

As Nicole said, less is more when going for a natural look. Stay away from heavy liners, so instead of wearing black, wear a light brown. Only use a few swipes of mascara. Instead of using a bright lipstick, wear a light-colored lip gloss/chapstick instead and stay away from putting on too much concealor/powder. That can become very noticeable if there is too much caked on. Instead of using dark colored shadows, try shades of brown or beige and keep that light as well.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
HayleeBoo Offline
you're beautiful :)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Haylee-Tekla

Re: How to do the natural look - May 8th 2012, 08:16 PM

Try using a little bit of concelear on blemishes and then put a mineral powder foundation on your face and a little bit of mascara. You dont NEED to use eyeliner... but if it smudges or creases easily you can set it by taking an eyeliner brush and just tapping over top of the eyeliner with an eyeshadow thats the same colour.

I found these videos that I think may help a bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYQ_uqe83yo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=64Qba_8T0U8

- haylee-tekla

(#6 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: How to do the natural look - May 8th 2012, 09:25 PM

If I may just say, I find this thread unintentionally hilarious. The fact that the "natural look" actually has video walkthroughs and consists of so many different opinions is kind of funny, don't you think? It says a lot about people, doesn't it?

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Ignite Offline
See the lightning in your eyes

Jeez, get a life!

Re: How to do the natural look - May 18th 2012, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKmadu619 View Post
If I may just say, I find this thread unintentionally hilarious. The fact that the "natural look" actually has video walkthroughs and consists of so many different opinions is kind of funny, don't you think? It says a lot about people, doesn't it?

- Justin
Gotta agree with you on that.

Here's my step by step guide to the natural look: Nothing.

The natural look is how you look. To me, even a bit of eyeliner and mascara isn't natural, that's a bit of make up. For a natural look, just wear none. Wash your face, wear some facial suncreen, but don't straighten your hair, let your hair be beautiful the way it is, and your face as well.

The greatest mistake one can make is being afraid to make one.
Rest in Peace Peter.
  Send a message via MSN to Ignite  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Tessa

Re: How to do the natural look - May 20th 2012, 09:39 PM

Also the type/brand and ingredients in your makeup will also help the "natural" look, try finding a natural, oil free foundation and good quality eyeliner will help prevent smudging, primer is also your friend. but if you really want to go for a natural look, try less makeup all together just use what you need. Personally for my everyday I only use concealer ( mostly under my eyes because my under eye circles make me look like I have 2 black eyes ahah) and chapstick, sometimes ill wear a light powder foundation too, just stick to the simple basic things in makeup, like a simple eyeliner, little to no foundation ( just what you need) and some chapstick/simple gloss, I'm sure you are plenty beautiful without makeup dont cover up what you already got just accentuate it Good luck

"You're never gonna spread your disease,So take your hands off of me"

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How to do the natural look - June 2nd 2012, 06:20 PM

Try to lean more towards nude or neutral tones. Add a soft, barely-there pink to your lips and maybe some light color onto your cheeks. Ditch the black eyeliner! You can line your eyes with a brown liner. To add some depth to your eyes, put a smidge of light/white eyeshadow around the tearducts of your eyes. Cover up blemishes with concealer, and use a tinted moisturizer over foundation! Don't forget sunscreen

Closed Thread