TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
alexandrish Offline
quirky and curious
Not a n00b

Name: iris

got problem with bra size - June 22nd 2012, 05:46 PM

I got problem with my bra size
(sorry if I have to put my size and stuff like that)

so I was normal EditB(I'm an asian so it's probably in asia size..) then one day I try to measure my bra size while waiting for my friend shopping at the same bra store.. I just shocked that I wear the wrong size.. and the assistant said I should use EditD or something more in cup size..

seriously shocked hearing this.. what should I do??

my mom still buy me my undies(I'm not shopping material so yeah) and my when I said "I want to try size c" she just said "it's impossible.. maybe you should get editb"

I'm confused.. and the idea of using c or more cup size.. frightened me

[COLOR="rgb(72, 209, 204)"]

"Love me or hate me, both are in my favor…If you love me, I'll always be in your heart…If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind."
— William Shakespeare
[/color]

Last edited by Harmony♥; June 23rd 2012 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Sizes aren't allowed on TH
  Send a message via Skype™ to alexandrish 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Re: got problem with bra size - June 22nd 2012, 09:43 PM

Hey there,

It's quite common to wear the wrong bra size for a while, but if it's causing you pain or discomfort I'd recommend wearing a different size like the assistant says. Back size and cup size are both important because if one is too small then the wire (if you wear a wired bra) might dig in, and believe me that's not comfortable.

I wasn't particularly happy about moving up to a D cup, but there's really nothing wrong with it. The important thing is that it's comfortable to wear! I'm not sure how Asian sizes work, but it sounds like a perfectly healthy size and nothing to be embarrassed about. Please don't post number sizes though, it will get edited out as it's against TH's user policy.

See if your mom will go shopping for bras with you, try on lots of different sizes (you can most likely go up a back size and down a cup size, if you prefer) and ask the assistant's advice again. Above all, just give yourself time to adjust to a new size. Remember it's really common to need a different bra size, and it's normal to change size anyway as you get older.

Take care, hope that helps

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: got problem with bra size - June 23rd 2012, 12:24 AM

As said above, many girls do wear the wrong bra sizes for a while before they actually get measured. Have you thought about doing some bra/panty shopping on your own. If your age is correct, 21 is an age where shopping alone might be more suitable instead of having your mom buy you your undergarments. You're an adult now, and should start taking on this responsibility, especially if you want to wear the correct size. Wearing the wrong size could cause discomfort and pain, which wouldn't be good. And, surely, there is nothing to be afraid of in terms of wearing a bigger size. It's an irrational fear to have since having larger breasts hardly means anything more than just having larger breasts. Go into the store, get properly measured and try some bras on and find the correct bra for you.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
alexandrish Offline
quirky and curious
Not a n00b

Re: got problem with bra size - June 24th 2012, 08:56 AM

sorry because I put numbers in here

it's kinda embarrassing.. most people here using standard A or B... and there's me with that... and only selected store have my size.. that's why I feel embarrassed..

I tried going to bra store today.. and I get weird look from the assistant(and yeah I get the right size this time) and I don't think I could handle the stare again..
is there anyway I can reduce my cup size?

"Love me or hate me, both are in my favor…If you love me, I'll always be in your heart…If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind."
— William Shakespeare
[/color]
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: got problem with bra size - June 25th 2012, 02:36 AM

Without having a intensive surgery, not really. Keep in mind that breast sizes, and the way our breasts come out have a lot of different factors in them such as: genetics (something WE can't help since it's already in our DNA), and weight. Those two factors are huge when it comes to what our breasts are going to be like. As I said, genetics isn't something you can help. You mainly get that from your mother, grandmother, your father's mother, grandmother. It's such a complicated ring to pinpoint exactly where you got it from. For example, my grandma, sister and mom ALL have larger breasts in a C cup. Me, however, I'm in a mid-high B cup. I know I got that from my dad's side of the family (and partly because I never wore decent bras growing up). With weight, being extremely overweight could also cause you to have larger breasts as well. Losing weight would help with the decrease in your breast size (if you are overweight).

With the surgery I mentioned, it would reduce the size of your breasts. It's kind of like having a boob job, but instead of increasing the size of your breasts, it would decrease it. Without insurance, it's a heavy price to pay just because you can't find bras that don't fit, and I don't think you should turn to surgery only for that very reason. Many doctors wouldn't even perform the surgery on that very reason, only if there is a medical need for it to be done (such as horrible back pain, interference with regular life).

If you had a difficult time with the bra store you tried, don't let that keep you from trying others. There will be other stores with more helpful employees, and just because you've had a bad experience with this particular store doesn't mean you should give up on it. One employee giving you a hard time isn't worth giving up. You're going to experience people like that throughout your entire life, don't let them control it.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
crazychick10793 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Vicky

Re: got problem with bra size - June 25th 2012, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandrish View Post
sorry because I put numbers in here

it's kinda embarrassing.. most people here using standard A or B... and there's me with that... and only selected store have my size.. that's why I feel embarrassed..

I tried going to bra store today.. and I get weird look from the assistant(and yeah I get the right size this time) and I don't think I could handle the stare again..
is there anyway I can reduce my cup size?
Hi there,

I also wear a bigger size than average and I too was first uncomfortable with the stares especially when I was developing (I was always busty from the time I was 10) but I've learned it's not that bad. Of course people are going to give an opinion but is that their right?

You can't reduce your breasts without surgery. And as the person before me pointed out it's not worth it to get it unless your breasts are physically hurting you

(#7 (permalink)) Old
alexandrish Offline
quirky and curious
Not a n00b

Re: got problem with bra size - June 26th 2012, 12:37 PM

maybe I'll try another store.. and yeah I am the unusual one.... the tallest one and kinda big(and overweight)
kinda hard to accept the whole life that I am different from people around me.. but I'll try.. I never like surgery.. so yeah maybe I just wear something that kinda like sportbra..

thanks guys

— William Shakespeare
[/color]
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
holy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: got problem with bra size - July 4th 2012, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandrish View Post
I got problem with my bra size
(sorry if I have to put my size and stuff like that)

so I was normal EditB(I'm an asian so it's probably in asia size..) then one day I try to measure my bra size while waiting for my friend shopping at the same bra store.. I just shocked that I wear the wrong size.. and the assistant said I should use EditD or something more in cup size..

seriously shocked hearing this.. what should I do??

my mom still buy me my undies(I'm not shopping material so yeah) and my when I said "I want to try size c" she just said "it's impossible.. maybe you should get editb"

I'm confused.. and the idea of using c or more cup size.. frightened me
Then buy your bra yourself, and choose the one you feel most comfortable. When you are sure the size, and wear it, and show to your mum to let her know you are right not wrong.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: got problem with bra size - July 5th 2012, 10:33 PM

Well, you could always bring your mom with you so that she can see that a B really won't be big enough. And parentage isn't necessarily an accurate reflection of what you'll be like. Me and my mom are about the same height, but otherwise, she's tiny and wears an A bra and I am a curvier DD. I know a lot of people see a reduction in bust size when they start working out/eating healthier and lose weight. But you never mentioned weight, so I am guessing that it isn't a factor. Besides, as you are 21 according to your profile, even if you lost weight you might go down a cup size. It really isn't a big deal to have big boobs. You just need to get your mom to realize that you can't help it if you have a bigger bra size and that you can't do anything about your physical size. If that won't work, find a way to buy them yourself if you can

Closed Thread