TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
girlfromsocal Offline
inandoutofhere
Junior TeenHelper

Gender: without getting pg I was born both but am allfemale now

why are bra sizes so difficult? - June 23rd 2012, 07:48 PM

I am curious why do women's bras seem different from junior's also why are the cheaper ones different from the expensive ones... I can't fit the expensive ones but the ones on the outerlayers and juniors. I also get fitted and am told I'm an A [edit] by standardmeasuring. But everyone agrees professional fitters and lay people I can't fit a's or even b's... I fit the smallest C's [edit] but it's hard to find so I have to go a size up to juniors and cheaper bras it seems for it to work like a size [edit] ... I get perfect support that way. But I don't get why the standard measuring sizes me differently? And why it's incorrect? Also I don't get why women's makes a C cup bigger isn't a C a C no matter who's wearing it? I used to think I could go to Lane bryant since they sell C's... But I realize there's going to be a difference. Plus the lowest band size [edit] is a size above what I can wear. Only once I ever fit [edit] their size properly... I think the bra had the wrong honestly... But I don't get what's up with the standard measuring is off and why the same size varies?

Last edited by Obliviate; June 23rd 2012 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Please don't post clothing sizes

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
Mother of Dragons
I've been here a while

Re: why are bra sizes so difficult? - June 23rd 2012, 09:15 PM

Hey there!
I think that your bra size will always differ in different brands and styles because everything fits differently and everyone's body shape is unique.
Unfortunately, there's not much you can do about it.

But maybe find a shop where you particularly like getting underwear from and buy most of your bras from there to prevent all of the hassle.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
crazychick10793 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Vicky

Re: why are bra sizes so difficult? - June 24th 2012, 12:16 AM

Hmmmm I've never found bra sizes hard. I'm a DD in all brands I've tried and the band size has only been very slightly different in one brand (but we're not allowed to post our numbers. As far as bra sizes, we can post letters only as I'm told by staff)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: why are bra sizes so difficult? - June 24th 2012, 02:21 AM

I've had this same problem, and as stated above, there isn't much you could do about it. You just need to work with trial and error. Don't be afraid to try bra's on to make sure they fit. Try different styles and brands until you find the right one for you. You can also adjust the straps on the bra in order to give you a better fit, so try to work with those as well.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
Closed Thread