TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
crazychick10793 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Vicky

how to convince my mom? - September 3rd 2012, 05:11 PM

Well to shorten a long long story......I've noticed I'm spilling out of my DD bras (yikes) so I measured myself at home. like 5 different websites told me I'm a G (double yikes) but when I told my mom she refused to believe me ("that's like dolly partons bra size!") And there's no way I could be above a DD. So I asked her if I could get professionally fitted to prove it. She keeps stalling and denying and meanwhile I'm in pain from the wrong size! What do I do?!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
metalheadjessus Offline
Average Joe

Re: how to convince my mom? - September 3rd 2012, 06:04 PM

Is there any reason why you couldn't go and get fitted yourself? I know that most stores offer this for free with the hope that you buy some of their bras and will probably even give you a voucher after doing so - this is the case in a lot of stores in the UK, anyway. If for any reason you can't go yourself, then show your mum! I don't mean walking up to her in just a bra lol but these things are usually pretty noticeable under a fairly tight fitting top. Hopefully then she'll realise and take you My mum can be really awkward about things like this too ... must be a parent thing!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Little Lion Man
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Re: how to convince my mom? - September 3rd 2012, 06:32 PM

Victoria's Secret will fit you for free. It takes about two minutes and you don't have to get undressed. They're magical.
Explain to your mom that wearing the wrong bra size physically hurts (and the difference between DD and G blows my mind), and you need to get something done about it. She might not believe you because you found it on the internet, but she should believe you if you complain about the girls hurting.

Sorry I couldn't be there, I was tied to a rocking chair.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
crazychick10793 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Vicky

Re: how to convince my mom? - September 3rd 2012, 08:30 PM

I did complain and I don't have a car to get to nearby stores (we live in a small town and there's nowhere in this town that does it)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: how to convince my mom? - September 3rd 2012, 08:31 PM

Can't you go get fitted by yourself? I'm sure there will be places that will do it for free so you can get it done and know what your size is so you can then buy yourself some new bras. If not, then as said, let your mum know that your bras are causing you discomfort because they aren't the right size so you need to get new ones.

Edit: Okay, so while I made that you replied. Isn't there a friend that could take you/another way to get there? Although I'm assuming if there was, you'd have done that but I think the best thing to do is just keep asking, don't be too annoying about it because you don't want to annoy her too much but if you let her know just how much they are really hurting you and how much discomfort they are causing you, she might eventually come round.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Cora Offline
Daydreamer
Not a n00b

Name: Cora

Re: how to convince my mom? - September 3rd 2012, 08:38 PM

If your mother won't take you specifically for the fitting, why not ask her to drop you out with a close friend and the two of you can shop and you can get fitted. Then if you talk to her about it afterwards, she cannot backout of the situation.

"I think there is beauty in everything. What ‘normal’ people would perceive as ugly, I can usually see something of beauty in it."
— Alexander McQueen

Closed Thread