TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
OneRodeToAsaBay Offline
Derp :3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Becca

Transgender Fashion Question? - December 9th 2012, 04:34 AM

Hey there! I wasn't sure if I should put this here or LGBT isuues, so if it has to be moved, so be it. Anyway, I'm transgender (mtf) but I'm not out yet. I just wanted some advice beforehand. So I look quite masculine, which could probably be fixed with some makeup. As for a plus, I have long hair. I guess you could say I look like a teenage Toki Wartooth, or George Fischer. Either way, I want to keep my rocker/metalhead look, but in a more feminine way. Anyone have any hair, makeup, or clothing tips?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: Transgender Fashion Question? - December 9th 2012, 06:47 AM

Well I'm going to try to give tips for both confident feminine rocker/metal looks, and for something more subtly feminine so that whether you are extremely confident in dressing that way, or would rather keep it subtle you can. Also judging by the comments of what you look like, I'm assuming you have long hair, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Confident and bold-
For feminine metal look do a side part, and not just the front part, but like a complete side part for your hair. Or for your hair, you could do a swoop bang, or another idea that you may or may not like is putting all of your hair to one side, but that's really not for everyone and it can be difficult to keep that way without use of hairspray or hair gel. Put on some black eyeliner as well and some dark-ish coloured eye shadow, like a nice deep blue or purple, or better yet a gray tone. Clothing would be like band t-shirts if you have them, but if not think black and grey for a color scheme and possibly tighter shirts, unless you don't like tight shirts. Now for bottoms you could wear like skinny jeans or dark coloured jeans, if you're looking to be extremely bold, you could wear like a plaid skirt, but in all honesty I completely understand if you're not okay with that idea and it's perfectly fine. Perhaps have some chains on the pants if you are allowed to at your school. Shoes wise, you may want to try either converse or if you can find them and would like them, gothic type boots, the kinds with all the buckles on them, but again, that is entirely up to personal preference. Another bold idea here is possibly a dark wedge of some sort, you could try a small heel, but in my personal opinion, wedges are easier to walk in because it's got a whole sole instead of a partial sole and sole on the heel.

More subtle-
For a more subtle look you can still do the side part, or you can just keep it parted in the middle if you prefer. For makeup, you don't have to wear any, but if you're okay with the thought some eyeliner could do nicely. Black shirts or band shirts, but they don't necessarily have to seem more feminine if you don't want, and for pants, you could do skinny jeans or you could do baggy gothic type pants, or even skinny gothic type pants. Shoes wise I'd still go with the converse or gothic boots.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
OneRodeToAsaBay Offline
Derp :3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Becca

Re: Transgender Fashion Question? - December 9th 2012, 11:46 PM

Since I'm not out yet, I'll go a little subtle. I'll go for the side part for sure, and maybe start wearing tighter for shirts. I think I might try to sneak on a little eyeliner every once in a while. Thanks for the advice

Closed Thread