TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

i dont know who i am - December 18th 2012, 10:20 PM

my minds borthering me i really donno who i am i wear band t shirts i like all the emo musicetc i wear studed belts black skinny jeans etc red shoes i have classed myself as an emo by now its just the style im in to i suppose yet i dont feel emo and i feel like wearing red skinny jeans thats proper not me i donno who i am ! and please dont say be yourself tha annoys me but i like to there a photo of meon my display picture of it helps i donno who i am at the moment and i feel like getting my hair like this btw http://weheartit.com/entry/14799582?...e+Reece+Mastin please help me some one plus i dont feel proper emo because of my hair its not black dont feel like dying it

Last edited by bringmethehorizon♥; December 18th 2012 at 10:25 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: i dont know who i am - December 19th 2012, 01:41 AM

Well as much as you hate that answer, it's honestly probably the best piece of advice. You're 16, you're still figuring out who you are. You can like a certain type of music without having to be a part of that label or dress like that genre. Hell I like country music, I'm not going out in cowboy boots and a cowboy hat though. I also love metal, but I'm not shaving half my head to fit the style. Find out what you like and don't worry about what style it is. Honestly make your own if you have to, chances are you'll fall into some stereotype by someone's own mind, but you shouldn't feel the need to stereotype yourself. If you want to wear red skinny jeans, wear them, if you don't want to dye your hair, then don't. You can still wear band t-shirts and have your hair styled like it is without having to completely comply to a stereotype.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: i dont know who i am - December 20th 2012, 03:16 AM

You're 16, so it's normal to feel confused on who you are. At this point in your life, you're just beginning to get a feel for who you are. If that's not the case, it will happen for you. Also, just because your hair isn't black or dyed black doesn't mean you can't identify yourself as part of the emo scene. I dressed emo in high school, but had several different hair colors. Black was NEVER one of them. It's a sense of style. Not what hair color you have.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Goodbye_Lullaby Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ciara

Re: i dont know who i am - December 22nd 2012, 04:00 PM

Well, to be honest if you class yourself as a certain type of style. Well you feel you have to fit into it.

I'm going into a skater style, but if I want to wear something which isn't skater ill wear it. If people ask what my style is ill say my own! So don't think well I have an emo style so I must dye my hair black. Heck if you gonna die hair chose what colour you want. Heck if you want to dye you hair bright green dye it bright green so what if it isn't emo. That's what makes an individual!!!

GoodbyeLullaby

I wanna be alive well don't you? There's no use in feeling low.
7th March 2013 Met my Heroes Tonight Alive <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Re: i dont know who i am - December 27th 2012, 06:50 PM

Like the others said, being yourself is the best answer.
I was exactly where you were when I was 16. I liked a lot of really gothic/alternative clothes, but I didn't want to be all dark hair, excessive eyeliner, typical 'emo' either. So I just found my own style. I mix and match between gothic tops and normal store jeans. I basically wear the clothes I like and don't bother about fitting into any certain style. You should give it a go, labels are for food products, not people. Just create your own style in whatever you feel most comfortable in.

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.

Closed Thread