TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tara Leigh Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tara leigh

Does this sound good? - January 24th 2013, 05:45 PM

Im. Not sure if right catagory, but...

Ive been bullied since i can remember for being ugly mainly because im ginger.

I delt with it but i wish boys would like me just like they do with blonde or brunette girls.
Many people wud call me pretty. I have shoulder length layered hair, i like it kind of. It isnt curly or straighht or wavy. My eues are big green. And i have pale freckles on my cheeks. I think, not to be all vein, but i myself think im ok looking sometimes i even think im pretty. But boys dont like me like other girls. It it my style ir something. I dont no wether to wear makeup and what would suit me. Can someone help? Ive got a nice size body curvy waist and im prety slim.. Well yh i had anorexia not to long ago.. As i havent been eatingg. But since im gaining weight i want to look good, also fit in to be noticed by boys... I have been with plenty of boys but it isnt the same. Thank you

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Does this sound good? - January 24th 2013, 08:16 PM

The key to wearing makeup is to look like you aren't wearing it. You could start with foundation, some subtle eyeshadow, some mascara, and some lipgloss. That's what I did when I first started wearing it.

If you want to stand out, you could try this
Eye shadows that go good with green/blue eyes are:
Green- Earthy tones. Brown, tan, and gold. You could also do green or purple.
Blue- Dark blue, pink, peach, white, or orange (orange is on the other side of the color wheel)

Don't wear makeup just to please people though. Do what you think looks pretty and what you like.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Tara Leigh Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tara leigh

Re: Does this sound good? - January 24th 2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autismsis View Post
The key to wearing makeup is to look like you aren't wearing it. You could start with foundation, some subtle eyeshadow, some mascara, and some lipgloss. That's what I did when I first started wearing it.

If you want to stand out, you could try this
Eye shadows that go good with green/blue eyes are:
Green- Earthy tones. Brown, tan, and gold. You could also do green or purple.
Blue- Dark blue, pink, peach, white, or orange (orange is on the other side of the color wheel)

Don't wear makeup just to please people though. Do what you think looks pretty and what you like.
yh thanks.. No i really am doing it to be noticed.. Not look stupid aha.. Your ideas are gud thanks! Will try'em out

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Little Lion Man
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Re: Does this sound good? - January 24th 2013, 10:06 PM

Don't change yourself to fit what other people think you should look like. So boys aren't noticing you at school -- so what? They're just not the right kind of crowd, because they don't appreciate you for who you are. And if you do change yourself and get attention from them, you won't be getting attention because you're an awesome person, you'll get attention because you look how they want you to look. Stay true to yourself.
I'm also not telling you not to wear makeup. If you legitimately want to because you want to, then there are plenty of tutorials on youtube or seventeen and such to look at, but only do things because you want to.

Sorry I couldn't be there, I was tied to a rocking chair.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Does this sound good? - January 24th 2013, 11:03 PM

Makeup should be used only to enhance your natural beauty (with the exception to foundation, which is to reduce blemishes). Earthy tones are best for gingers as said before, and I think browns, pinks, and greens usually look the best.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

Closed Thread