TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Question of advice? - June 4th 2013, 06:35 PM

Hey guys!
So lately, I'm seeing a lot of people on TV shows and just in general public starting to wear overalls again. I'm not really one of those people that hate them or completely love them, but I'm just wondering, would any of you guys wear overalls in public? Like if you went to a store, mall, or anywhere? Sometimes, I feel like wearing them, but I'm kinda afraid of what people would think of me. Any advice?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: Question of advice? - June 4th 2013, 06:53 PM

Hey there.
In my personal opinion, I myself wouldn't as its part of how I feel is comfortable. I have the same issue as you do, what people think of me in what I wear. So I wouldn't. That doesn't mean you can't, don't care what people think, if you feel comfortable wear whatever you feel like you want to wear. Its your body, your cloths and you that matters, not them.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Wonder cake
Average Joe

Re: Question of advice? - June 7th 2013, 07:01 AM

I love overalls! I think they're adorable and really comfy
I wear them to the shops all the time, but it's no big deal for me because I don't mind attracting attention. As long as they're nice overalls and not ones that look like you just came from working at the farm, they shouldn't attract any negative attention to you. Oh, and don't just feel the need to wear overalls just because other people are (I was wearing them before they became cool ). You should wear what you like wearing and what suits you, not just what's in fashion.

I could dwell on my problems... But I'd rather make a milkshake...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Question of advice? - June 8th 2013, 11:34 PM

I personally wouldn't wear them but I wouldn't judge someone who did either. If you think they look good on you, go for it!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
I've been here a while

Name: Hailey

Re: Question of advice? - June 10th 2013, 06:44 AM

I don't personally like overalls (for myself) that much, but I think they could look really cute on another person and wouldn't judge anyone who wore them! I say, if you wanna wear it, wear it.

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Ten.Foot.Line Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Question of advice? - June 15th 2013, 01:43 AM

I love overalls! There are even some stores that sell colored overalls which I think are cuter than colored skinny jeans. (and wayyy more comfortable.). I do think it's important to wear nice ones in public, not your dirty working overalls. You should wear them. It's not like they need to become a staple in your wardrobe but every now and then is nice.

I am home schooled and proud of it! No, I do not like skirts. Yes, I have a social life. I'm conservative and I wear a purity ring. I am dead set on saving my first kiss for my wedding day. If you want to tell me that saving my kiss is impossible, STUFF IT.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Question of advice? - June 16th 2013, 10:10 AM

No. They aren't flattering to my body shape and size. I don't think they really flatter anyone. The only reason why I might was if I was wearing waders to go fishing.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Question of advice? - June 16th 2013, 02:08 PM

I agree with Sarasa, I've never really thought overalls are flattering... On anyone... One of my friends wanted to find the kind of overalls that were in fashion in like, the 90's and I was like "dude, I can't help you with that" cause I didn't really want to be part of something that (as far as I was concerned) would make her look even more frumpy (she has one of those figures that are really hard to flatter).
There are some overall typed styles that are ok, like the ones that are shorts with straps but without that huge lame front part that goes up the chest (like smaller ones or no front part at all).... I think if you have the right figure and if you live in the right place then it's fine, but, for example, where I live people would be more like ummmm why are you wearing those?
I personally wouldn't bother with overalls, they're the kind of thing that come into style for only short periods of time and I'm not such a fashion whore that I'm going to spend money on something just cause it's the "cool" thing, i'll only really bother with stuff I actually LIKE

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Closed Thread