TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Spikey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Molly

So I could do with a bit of help... - May 16th 2014, 12:56 PM

Hey guys!

I'm trying to make an effort to take better care of my face, so I've bought some products which work for my skin and it is helping.

But, I don't know when it is that I should be using this stuff.

I've got a facial wash and foaming cleanser which I use every day in the evenings when I shower and then I've got a facial scrub which I use once or twice a week. I know what to do with that stuff, so that's ok.

But, I also have toner and lotion. Here are my questions about them:
What do I do with them?
When do I use them?
Is there anything else I need to get with them?

As I said, I shower in the evenings, and I wipe my face in the mornings, about half an hour before I put my make-up on. Should I be washing my face in the mornings too? I don't know!

I also have blemish gel - what do I do with that and when would I put it on?

I also have tea tree oil, what does this do?

The product I use is tea tree.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

And she turns up the music, to drown out her life.

22/12/2014 was the last date I self-harmed. The longest I have gone so far is 1 year, 2 months and 5 days. This time, I hope I can give up! New record: 1 year 6 months! Yay!!
Previously:
Kibska

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Re: So I could do with a bit of help... - May 17th 2014, 06:42 AM

Hi!

It actually doesn't really matter whether you use it in the evening only or both in the morning and evening. It mostly depends on how much much there is on your face. If you wash your face well in the evening, and don't really go out anywhere, then it really is okay to wipe your face in the morning!

You use a facial wash and cleanser in the evening? That's unnecessary! You can use the facial wash in the morning and in the evening use the cleaner. The toner and lotion follows the cleanser. So once you use the cleanser on your face, use a cotton pad and squirt some toner onto it and work it into your face and neck, after which you apply the lotion, again, on your face and neck

Blemish gels, usually, you can put on when you feel a zit or boil coming on and it sorts it out before it can turn into a full fledged nuke.

Tea tree oil is really good for the skin. You could always massage some tea tree oil for a few minutes before you use the cleanser.

Hope this helped

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011

Send a message via MSN to Spirit. Send a message via Skype™ to Spirit. 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Re: So I could do with a bit of help... - May 22nd 2014, 01:56 AM

Kaveri gave some great advice! I just wanted to add that blemish gel is really great as long as it doesn't dry your skin out too much! It's best used for most skin as a spot treatment where you put it on a blemish and not your whole face. I normally put mine on last- after everything else. My evening routine is normally cleanser, toner, lotion (moisturizer), blemish spot treatment gel. I always make sure the layer under is mostly dry before moving on to the next step. For the mornings, I would use the face wash, but only if you feel like you need it. I sometimes wash my face in the mornings, but not always. It's completely up to you and your unique skin!

For the tea tree oil, do you have a cream or a liquid? Tea tree oil in the liquid form is best used on existing acne to get rid of bacteria and reduce redness. You could use a cotton swab or pad and apply it to an (already cleaned and dried) area or directly onto a single blemish. This should help your skin clear up and as Kaveri said, it is very good for the skin because it doesn't strip the skin of natural oils. As for cream, you can massage some on trouble spots before bed and let it sit. It should reduce the redness and dry out the blemish. I would also pay attention to the directions on the back of your particular product. I hope this helped!

vm-pm
♥♥♥
Find your light in a new dawn.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Re: So I could do with a bit of help... - May 26th 2014, 06:44 PM

I mostly agree with Kaveri and Jenna. It is up to you when you wan to use it. Basically, the lotion and gel are follow-ups after you use the cleaner and the scrub since some people have really dry skin, after washing it may cause some dryness. From what I've heard, tree oil is really good for the skin and if you want, you can try it out after washing. I hope this helps.

[left]

"Imperfection is beauty;
madness is genius;
and its better to be absolutely ridiculous
than absolutely boring."

-Marilyn Monroe

Closed Thread