TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Men-grown out hair - April 29th 2015, 03:11 AM

So I was thinking of growing out my hair, like super long. Ive enjoyed super short hair, because its low maintenance and keeps me cool, but to me, it takes away some personality from my appearance. I think long hair on guys is cool, and theres this guy with gorgeous, long black hair in my dorm (don't know him, just love his hair). I'm blonde, and I think it could be really cool to get it really long. Talking like, middle of my back long. but my hair tends to grow out instead of down, so how could I change that?
This isn't like some kind of breaking "gender norms" kind of goal (my parents will think that, but no), I just really like long hair. My ideal girlfriend would be Rapunzel.
Edit: looked at some pictures of guys with super long hair, perhaps shoulder length is good.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Men-grown out hair - April 30th 2015, 05:36 PM

What advice are you looking for? Tips for growing it out or feedback on long hair? I personally like both hair lengths on guys, and I think that people should just do what makes them the most comfortable. In the time I've dated my boyfriend, he's had really long and really short hair. He now prefers short because it's a lot less maintenance and easier to make look "professional," but he had shoulder length or longer hair for two or so years. For tips, eat a healthy diet so that your hair is strong, and still trim it frequently. They say like every six weeks, but every three or so months is sufficient.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Men-grown out hair - May 1st 2015, 08:59 PM

My boyfriend has about shoulder length, maybe a bit shorter at the minute. He's had longish hair for the entirety of the time I've known him, and he never really does anything with it except stick a hat on it. It grows out and then drops if that makes sense because his hair is so curly. What I would suggest is waiting it out, your hair will grown down but it may grow out at the start, wait for gravity to take it's toll, wear a hat, whatever, it'll get there I really like long hair on guys, I see what you mean about the personality thing. I agree with you

Take as long as you need.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Men-grown out hair - May 2nd 2015, 08:16 PM

So until its shoulder length, and while its growing outwards, I should wear a hat?

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: Men-grown out hair - May 3rd 2015, 12:00 AM

You could always invest in some hair straighteners

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Men-grown out hair - May 3rd 2015, 12:02 AM

I suppose I could, but I'd probably get made fun of and Ive read that heat in general is bad for your hair. I even read that cold showers are preferred for hair health. I don't actually know if thats true but thats what I read.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: Men-grown out hair - May 3rd 2015, 12:10 AM

People will make fun of you for having long hair as well, people make fun out of everything that isn't the norm, you get used to it though.

In the end, do what ever you feel most comfortable with, the awkward short hair - shoulder length stage doesn't really last long at all.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Men-grown out hair - May 4th 2015, 05:30 AM

Sup, Jesus. I don't know, my aim was to have a Led Zeppelin type look (which to be honest, doesn't make sense, I don't create musical masterpieces) that makes people like, "Whoa. That dudes so real its mind blowing. I'll bet he does really important shit." And its not as though I'll look like a girl, my body would look pretty good with this look I think, same for my face. i.e. I definitely look like a guy, even if I had long hair.
By the way Jesus, if your not busy, can you just make my hair long already and skip the awkward stage?

(#9 (permalink)) Old
AndrewCarrick Offline
AndrewCarrick
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Andrew Carrick

Re: Men-grown out hair - May 5th 2015, 12:40 PM

Let them have it on its own

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Lesley_J Offline
Wanderer
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lesley Vos

Re: Men-grown out hair - May 19th 2015, 02:09 PM

as far as i know, men LOVE long-haired ladies ;-) So, go on! May the hair be with you ))))

(#11 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Men-grown out hair - May 19th 2015, 08:09 PM

Mission aborted. The finished product would have been great, but the middle part was terrible; I looked stupid and it trapped a lot of heat.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
demontaihack Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Men-grown out hair - May 24th 2015, 09:26 AM

hi bro, can you upload a photo of your fashon hair ? Lol

(#13 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: Men-grown out hair - May 25th 2015, 10:07 AM

Hey,

If your hair grows out rather than down maybe you could use some products to weigh your hair down a little, chances are once it has a little more weight it will start to grow down. I have really thick curly hair, so if I cut mine it tends to grow out for a while so I just had to use tons of products for a while.

Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

Closed Thread