TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dreamer Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Smile Style change? - May 13th 2009, 05:01 PM

So, I've always been a girly girl, and I've liked it. But now I'm starting to wonder about what I really like... Yes. Pink is still my favourite colour, but I don't feel like wearing it ALL THE TIME, like I did before. So, I was thinking about mixing tomboy, girly girl and the skater style, but I think it might be hard...

I was also thinking about my hair. Right now it's a little longer than to the shoulders, and I was thinking about cutting it of really sort, like on the picture; http://photobucket.com/albums/y113/A.../TimeJump1.jpg

But my hair is not as thick as hers, nor is it black. It is dirt blond/brown, with some blone high lights. I'm not really that into fixing my hair every morning, and I hate to blow dry it. How ever, I could deal with som wax, or something...

So, it's either a hairstyle simmilar to that, or to keep it long, and just let it grow...

No, I don't believe in labeling, nor that you have to wear certen clothes to fit in. I usually just wear what I like... But I hate having people's eyes on me, and I kinda like to mend in with the background.

So, is it time for a change in my style? Suggestions please

(#2 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Re: Style change? - May 13th 2009, 05:39 PM

One: The picture doesn't work
Two: If you feel its time for a style change then go for it, if you don't want to then don't. Personally I think the style your looking for is great
Three: Skinny jeans are like heaven. Shirts from like Wetseal and stores like that with those shirts with little characters on it, are like a must have. I like men tailored vest for girls. But I don;t have any. Band T's!. You can wear pink any damn time you feel like it. So don't feel you can't
Four: Once I see a picture, Id be able to put my hair imput.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dreamer Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Style change? - May 13th 2009, 05:46 PM

Ashley, thank you for your reply. Here's another link, that might work better... http://antiquity-dreams.deviantart.c...turn-111697715
The girl with the black hair is the style I'm looking for, but maybe a little more spiked with wax or such.

Skinny jeans are in my heart! I have a few pairs dark denim, light denim, pink (Duuh xD) and a pair of striped ones, that are getting too small... I'm constantly on search for those kind of shirts, and I'm also looking for a fannel shirt.

Band tee's never were my thing really, 'cuz I can't seem to like a band longer than a few weeks/months. I'm weird that way... :P How ever, I can look around. Maybe I'll find something I like

Thanks for all the great response. I think you really got what kind of style I was looking for, ever though I'm not so good at explaining... Thanks!

Last edited by Dreamer; May 14th 2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Typo

(#4 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Re: Style change? - May 13th 2009, 10:39 PM

Well its my style too. Although I need money to get all that I need because I only have three skinnies and no shirts like that.

That hair style is amazing!
To get it more spiky, just separate it more with the wax

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: Style change? - May 13th 2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbread View Post
One: The picture doesn't work
Two: If you feel its time for a style change then go for it, if you don't want to then don't. Personally I think the style your looking for is great
Three: Skinny jeans are like heaven. Shirts from like Wetseal and stores like that with those shirts with little characters on it, are like a must have. I like men tailored vest for girls. But I don;t have any. Band T's!. You can wear pink any damn time you feel like it. So don't feel you can't
Four: Once I see a picture, Id be able to put my hair imput.

Wet Seal has gotten quite trashy and Ghetto lately. I used to love some of their clothes, now I'm a more Charlotte Russe. Love culture has some nice shirts now.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
love2laugh Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Style change? - May 13th 2009, 10:53 PM

I like both wet seal and Charlette Rouse, I really wish the US had H&M....
Anyway.... yeah if you have the money for a stlye change, go for it! I really llike what your describing!
As for the hair, I would have to see your face, because only certian faces can pull of cuts like that. I really like the hair, but I wouldn't want to give you bad advice.

Drop me a PM anytime, about anything!
I would love to talk to you!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: Style change? - May 13th 2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2laugh View Post
I like both wet seal and Charlette Rouse, I really wish the US had H&M....
Anyway.... yeah if you have the money for a stlye change, go for it! I really llike what your describing!
As for the hair, I would have to see your face, because only certian faces can pull of cuts like that. I really like the hair, but I wouldn't want to give you bad advice.
The U.S. does has H&M

I don't like the cut, and If you want to grow it out, It's going to look like poop, at least I think so.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Dreamer Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Style change? - May 14th 2009, 03:40 PM

Thanks for all the replies

I don't know how to upload photos that aren't allready on the net, sorry...

(#9 (permalink)) Old
St.Vincent Offline
Edna
I've been here a while

Name: Edna

Re: Style change? - May 14th 2009, 11:09 PM

We do have H&M, but be careful when you shop there, some of the materials are really, really shitty. I get things there, but for long term staple every day items, I hunt expensive stores on sale or go for really well inspected thrift store finds.

I think it's exciting when you put together a cohesive style, because then suddenly your clothes match better and.. you have a look. I think that's very aesthetically mature and cost-effective, so you don't look like a fool jumping for every crazy trend on the face of the sun and look like a weirdo in impulsive clothing that doesn't really suit your body and personality.

If you have the time and patience to develop a personal style, I would recommend looking into palettes and staple items and really just examining what clothes you like the best, how they are special, which clothes look interesting together and work from there. Get a few well selected, expensive pieces and a lot of cheaper little things to dress the expensive pieces up or down or any which way.

I am waylaid by Beauty. Who will walk
Between me and the crying of the frogs?

(My PM box is always open.. if I can't help you, I'll find someone who can)

Closed Thread