TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Cosplay - October 31st 2016, 10:22 AM

So I am thinking of getting into cosplaying, its something I've always wanted to do but I have never seemed to have the time or money. But recently I have been putting together a cosplay of Sharon out of the second Silent Hill movie. I now only need the red hoody to go with everything and I need the hairstyle doing, which I am going to get done on my birthday

Do any of you guys cosplay? Would really be interested in hearing about you cosplay and why you chose the character.
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
AMA on teenhelp Offline
im just a dead man walking
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Re: Cosplay - October 31st 2016, 10:55 AM

I cosplay sometimes

it takes a strong man to deny whats right in front of him and if the truth is undeniable you create your own

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Re: Cosplay - October 31st 2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMA on teenhelp View Post
I cosplay sometimes
Who do you cosplay as?
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Cosplay - November 1st 2016, 10:02 AM

I don't cosplay, but I am interested. There was a 'comic con' type thing in the city the other day, and I saw some pictures of people cosplaying, and I'm always in awe of how much effort goes into their cosplays!

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MyVisionIsDying Offline
Talk Nerdy To Me.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shane

Re: Cosplay - November 1st 2016, 04:30 PM

I've cosplayed a couple of times. I suppose I 'properly' cosplayed twice at the London Anime and Gaming Convention. The first time was last year and I was L from Death Note, although it was kind of last minute but I managed to pull it off, I dyed my hair for that because I couldn't get a wig in time. The second was this year and I was Steven Universe and I got recognised!

I love cosplaying, I just wish I wasn't so... big- even though anyone can cosplay anything- it hinders what little is left of my confidence in wanting to cosplay my favourite characters.

I'm hoping to cosplay at the London Anime Con next summer again with my best friend this time, I still need to talk to her about who we're going as but I have some clear thoughts of how we're going to do it with whatever characters we choose.

Also, I'm definitely ambitious because in the future I want to try my hand at making props as well; I'll probably start off trying to make Steven's shield because that seems the easiest to do due to the fact I want to cosplay Steven Universe again (I also have an idea of cosplaying Jedi!Steven because I'm a big Star Wars fan and try my hand at making both the costume and the shield).

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Re: Cosplay - November 2nd 2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyVisionIsDying View Post
I've cosplayed a couple of times. I suppose I 'properly' cosplayed twice at the London Anime and Gaming Convention. The first time was last year and I was L from Death Note, although it was kind of last minute but I managed to pull it off, I dyed my hair for that because I couldn't get a wig in time. The second was this year and I was Steven Universe and I got recognised!

I love cosplaying, I just wish I wasn't so... big- even though anyone can cosplay anything- it hinders what little is left of my confidence in wanting to cosplay my favourite characters.

I'm hoping to cosplay at the London Anime Con next summer again with my best friend this time, I still need to talk to her about who we're going as but I have some clear thoughts of how we're going to do it with whatever characters we choose.

Also, I'm definitely ambitious because in the future I want to try my hand at making props as well; I'll probably start off trying to make Steven's shield because that seems the easiest to do due to the fact I want to cosplay Steven Universe again (I also have an idea of cosplaying Jedi!Steven because I'm a big Star Wars fan and try my hand at making both the costume and the shield).
Ah your awesome I haven't actually cosplayed yet, but I am getting my first costume together, the hairstyle is ging to cost £25 pound and I still need a red hoody to go underneatht the leather jacket, and I will probably need to lose a bit weight to get it to fasten.

I am not a huge Star Wars fan but loads of my friends are and they are always cosplaying as their favourite characters. I am going to cosplay as Sharon out of Silent Hill 2. And then maybe next year I can get a Killer Frost costume made
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: Cosplay - November 3rd 2016, 02:11 AM

My mates cosplay heaps.
The one piece of advice they told while starting off was to consider my lifestyle. If I can't maintain loads of workout and stuff, then cosplaying as Wolverine, Batman, Punisher isnt a great idea. since they are students, and don't have a huge budget they told me that go with what you naturally have. And check out Thrift stores and stuff like Salvos stores. They have stuff taht makes your cosplay sick without breaking the bank.
Hope it helps Have fun cosplaying

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Re: Cosplay - November 3rd 2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguy View Post
My mates cosplay heaps.
The one piece of advice they told while starting off was to consider my lifestyle. If I can't maintain loads of workout and stuff, then cosplaying as Wolverine, Batman, Punisher isnt a great idea. since they are students, and don't have a huge budget they told me that go with what you naturally have. And check out Thrift stores and stuff like Salvos stores. They have stuff taht makes your cosplay sick without breaking the bank.
Hope it helps Have fun cosplaying
Thanks I am trying to lose weight so I can cosplay. My parents say I don't need to but I know I do especially for the Killer Frost one next year as it will be quite a tight fit. Thanks for the advice, should have my first cosplay costume sorted on my birthday
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Narrative. Offline
words MEAN things

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Cosplay - November 17th 2016, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celyn View Post
I don't cosplay, but I am interested.
The same holds true for me. Part of the reason I haven't done anything yet is that I don't really go to events where it would be a common thing, and none of my friends are really into the things I am so I'd feel weird doing it myself. Plus, it takes a lot of planning and organising and that's definitely not my strong suit. It does seem like a lot of fun, it's just not something I've really seriously thought about doing before.

You should definitely share pictures if you do decide to go ahead and cosplay sometime, I'd love to see them.

just because it hurts to go on
doesn't mean the battle can't still be won
;

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Re: Cosplay - November 22nd 2016, 05:37 PM

I've been cosplaying for 3 years or something now
I do a lot of different characters. One, because I absolutely love him, moste because I like them and they fit me a lot (caharcter or appereance) and then I cosplay some characters because my friends got the idea and wanted to do a group cosplay and I kinda got roped in^^

If your short on money the best thing to do is thrift shops or cheap stuff on the internet. Sometimes they can easily be upgraded with a bit of paint or some needlework and to be honest it's ok if it doesn't look 100% the same. Some might disagree, but in the end it's all about fun so who cares^^

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Re: Cosplay - November 24th 2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainedTongue View Post
I've been cosplaying for 3 years or something now
I do a lot of different characters. One, because I absolutely love him, moste because I like them and they fit me a lot (caharcter or appereance) and then I cosplay some characters because my friends got the idea and wanted to do a group cosplay and I kinda got roped in^^

If your short on money the best thing to do is thrift shops or cheap stuff on the internet. Sometimes they can easily be upgraded with a bit of paint or some needlework and to be honest it's ok if it doesn't look 100% the same. Some might disagree, but in the end it's all about fun so who cares^^
I am going to make another suit next year, it will be out of foam as can't afford the proper materials. I will have 2 suits for next year, the Killer Frost one and an Atom one. I go to a comic cafť every week, there is a cosplay suit workshop on every Tuesday so I am going to see if I can start going then as well.
Closed Thread