TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Fashion and Style (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f25-fashion-style/)
-   -   What style bra do you wear? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f25-fashion-style/t158025-what-style-bra-do-you-wear/)

hocus pocus December 21st 2018 02:38 PM

What style bra do you wear?

I wasn’t sure where to put this because I know it could fit in a few areas but since I am asking about the type/style of a bra I figured I’d put it here.

Recently I lost weight and I needed to get a few new bras (though not a lot because I want to lose some more). I was reading to get bras that don’t have formed cups because when you lose weight and they don’t fit right it’s more obvious. I settled on some sports bras and some that have removable padding so they are somewhat supportive and I wear looser fitting clothes so no one will probably notice anyway.

But I was reading about the different types of bras people prefer with their weight loss and how long it took to change their size or what they like in general without weight loss being considered and all that and it made me wonder what types/style of bras everyone wears? Do you have sleep bras that are separate from your day ones, or any favorites? Are you picky about yours?

I usually liked underwire bras and the formed cup ones because of the support but I do like the soft cups and the cami ones with the removable pads. I really love the ones I just bought and I’m wondering why I didn’t try them out years ago. :bleh: They fit better and they’re supportive which is a surprise for me.

Tiffers95 December 23rd 2018 07:55 PM

Re: What style bra do you wear?

I wear Victoria Secret Full Coverage, Push Up, or Sports Bras.

Dawn. December 26th 2018 03:28 AM

I usually wear underwire and sport bras. :)

Kate* December 26th 2018 04:10 AM

I wear a sports bra to work because my job is fairly physical and I need it to fit comfortably and stay put; plus I have to wear a polo shirt, so there's no issue with the straps showing. I also have non sports bras with skinnier straps for my days off, warmer weather, or shirts where they might show. I don't really need padding and I took it out of the ones where it was removable because it made them not fit right. And I've never worn an underwire and don't sleep in them.

Odyne December 27th 2018 10:54 AM

I always wear sport-bras :D

Celyn December 27th 2018 04:52 PM

Depends on what I'm doing and wearing. T-shirt bras normally, but for some style clothes or if I'm more active, I'll either wear a bandeau bra, bralette or a sports bra. I'm not too picky but I do go for comfort the most :p

MsNobleEleanor December 27th 2018 07:43 PM

I really dislike bras. I cringe when I need to wear any type of support bra. When i shop for bras i am very specific in what i am looking for. It needs to be natural feeling, cant have underwire, no fake padding, no massive cup weird thing, no tags, no lace, certain texture, and the rest is history. I typically say, "no fake bras that make my boobs feel like I have a boob job or i feel strapped in"

Typically, i dont wear bras.

I have two i wear. One is an old raggy sports bra. The other is a more fitted sports bra.

I dont wear bras to bed. I prefer to not wear bras as much as possible.

hocus pocus December 28th 2018 12:42 PM

Sports bras are comfortable.

I wore underwire for a while and never really minded them but I am liking sports bras more now. I am busty so I have the ones with the thicker straps for more support. I’ll have to see what to buy for the warmer weather but I am happy with the cold for now. :p

I like the padding because I like to feel covered up. I am paranoid of showing through my clothes but I wear a lot of loose fitting clothes.

I figured my size was weird when I dropped by a sale at Victoria’s Secret in the mall and they only had a small bucket of bras my size. I think the cup size with the band size is an uncommon one. Once I lose enough weight and maintain it I think I might try Victoria’s Secret.

I like the soft cup bras too, but I don’t know if those have a certain name or anything.

DeletedAccount40 December 28th 2018 04:37 PM

I hate bras too, Chantal. The ones I wear all feel like they are crushing my rib cage.

Due to the structure of my upper back, I can only wear sports bras.

Burnseta December 28th 2018 08:40 PM

i totally recommend sports bras

DeletedAccount63 December 29th 2018 02:38 PM

Hey,
So I'm really big and have a big cup size as well so all my bras are from torrid they are expensive but comfortable and fit well. But it depends on your band and cup size if they will fit you.

I also like sports bras but can't find any that I like and don't hurt because of how heavy my boobs are.

I hope you find some bras that you like and are comfortable.

Kintsukuroi. December 29th 2018 05:34 PM

I only really like sport bras if I’m running or doing some form of exercise. I’m also picky on the brand because I’ve had some that I hated or didn’t really do the job. I currently really like lululemon/Calvin Klein or Nike for general exercise but if I’m running? I like the ones with more support.

On a typical day to day basis, I have some Victoria Secret brand bras or there is this company that is semi local and I really enjoy their bras and I have many of them. They’re expensive ($120-$250) but I like to support local and they’re actually really comfy and supportive. I know that I have waaay too many bras but I believe it is important to take care and make sure I’m not wearing crappy bras but rather ones that actually support them. :nosweat:

I don’t wear bras to bed unless I’m sleeping at someone’s house or on vacations. XD If I am sleeping in a bra, it’s a sport bra.

Mirandagurl December 31st 2018 07:31 PM

i need my bras all big and bulky it helps a lot and totes feel amazing

JacquelineGatto October 19th 2020 02:24 PM

Sports bras are comfortable, I like them!:hug:

Silvan October 19th 2020 07:42 PM

I wear standard t-shirt bras most of the time, except for summer. My breasts are small and I've got many summer clothes in which it's not visible whether I'm wearing a bra or not, so I prefer not to wear one, because it feels waaay less sweaty in hot weather. I use sport bras when doing some exercises.

Ennui. November 2nd 2020 12:42 AM

Sports bras just because of the comfort and lack of wires. I'm applying for jobs and will probably need to get regular bras for professional clothes but they're always so painful. :( I legit only own sports bras right now.

ladoglover November 5th 2020 12:20 AM

Victoria secret

DeletedAccount53 December 3rd 2020 08:25 AM

If you are active, then a sports bra is invaluable.

For evening wear, choose lingerie of your choice. Victoria's Secret as above is good, but is getting expensiv these days.

Boo-hoo might have some bargains

Underwire suit some, but during hot weather can feel uncomfy, so I alway wear non-underwired.

Ennui. December 4th 2020 11:19 PM

I still wear sports bras whenever I can, but I got bralettes for work and they are working great so far! I got them from Aerie. They aren't wired which is helping so much. They aren't hurting so far, but its's only been a week.

hocus pocus December 7th 2020 01:24 PM

I like bralettes too. They are comfortable.

It's weird but I found this bra I really, really liked and I couldn't figure out what company it was or anything because the writing on the side had worn out. I finally found it and I am slowly switching all my bras out to this one style. They are Bali bras. They are really soft (doesn't feel like I'm wearing one) but also supportive and I like the way they make my body look under clothes.

Some bras make me look weird, or I feel like they do anyway. These ones go by small, medium, large, etc instead of band and cup size. The only thing is they snag and pill easily but I can take care of that. It's a little price to pay given how much I love these bras.

Sprite-1 March 25th 2021 10:17 AM

Sloggi for me. They make great sports bras. Otherwise if I have to attend a posh evening do with my sisters, I'll ask them to buy me a beautiful bra from Agent Provocateur. Yeah, they are expensive for sure, but, look fabulous and very alluring.

Also, La Perla. For lingerie that is guaranteed to make a guy's eyes pop, it will cost your wardrobe expenses dear. But what an evening you could have. ;)

Dawn. March 27th 2021 02:42 AM

Anything that's comfortable. :bleh:

Everglow. March 27th 2021 07:11 PM

I pretty much only wear sports bras these days, but I do own a few tshirt bras with underwires too. I just find them less comfortable.

DeletedAccount59 March 28th 2021 01:02 AM

Sports bras. They flatten me and don't crush my ribs.

WhisperingSilence June 2nd 2021 09:27 PM

I usually tend to wear sports bras or the crop top like bras, I do alot of sport and normal bra's just dont offer the support I need for my breasts etc, plus I find the non sports bras often have wiring which makes everything feel more restricted I find that sports bra's offer a more versatile way , like I can wear them everyday and for sports.

PrincessPeach07 October 13th 2021 12:18 AM

I like Panache sports bras.

BoyNextDoor January 15th 2022 09:40 PM

none [emoji2957]

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max using Tapatalk

Slytherin21 February 10th 2022 06:25 AM

Mostly push up. But not full coverage i want them to be seen. Havent wore a bra to bed since i was 16 tho. I will occasionaly wear a padded sports bra when running otherwise ill get a blackeye