TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

Problems with Jostens rings - December 5th 2009, 06:31 PM

I'm not sure where to put this, but I was curious if anyone else had ordered a class ring from Jostens.

Our school orders our rings through that company, so that is where I got mine. Overall, I am happy with it but it wasn't what I expected. First of all, I got a rounded stone and it is purple. I got an Indian head underneath the stone. In the picture provided for me via their internet ring designer, the stone was a lot clearer. You can hardly see the Indian head through the stone.

There aren't that many people who got rings, however, I've heard of lots of people whose rings were messed up (stuff on the wrong side, scratches, etc.) and I was shocked that so many people out of such a large group had problems.

Also, this ring was rather expensive. When I went to pick it up at my lunch, they didn't ask for ID. I told them my name and they handed it to me. I was shocked at that, because any girl could have walked up there and claimed to be me, taking off with my ring.

I was wondering if anyone else has one of their rings and what their experience has been like with the company.

--A

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Elizabeth Offline
Just keep swimming!
I've been here a while

Name: Elizabeth

Re: Problems with Jostens rings - December 5th 2009, 07:05 PM

I heard horror stories about this company and choose not to get my ring through them. They screwed up a bunch of class rings at my school and put the wrong logo in the ring, and then claimed it was the student's fault, when it clearly wasn't. You write down your school name and then match it. If it is damaged, I would call the company and demand that they fix it. They cost a lot and they should take credit and fix it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Re: Problems with Jostens rings - December 5th 2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
I heard horror stories about this company and choose not to get my ring through them. They screwed up a bunch of class rings at my school and put the wrong logo in the ring, and then claimed it was the student's fault, when it clearly wasn't. You write down your school name and then match it. If it is damaged, I would call the company and demand that they fix it. They cost a lot and they should take credit and fix it.
There's nothing wrong with my ring, it just wasn't what I expected. My mother thinks I should send it back because it wasn't what the picture looked like, however, I've only taken the thing off to shower and sleep since I've gotten it. I really don't want to send it back when I feel like it isn't that big of a deal. Not to mention, seeing everyone else wearing their rings and me not having mine would make me unhappy. :-( I did, however, make darn sure I kept all of my paperwork when I ordered it because I heard stories about people's getting messed up, but I didn't know it was at such a large scale.

--A

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: Problems with Jostens rings - December 5th 2009, 09:21 PM

Jostens did our class rings and there were SO many complaints, I ended up just not getting one.

I would consider sending it back, since you're likely to get a better quality ring the second time around. Plus with a class ring, it's better to really like it than just being so so with it. You'll thank yourself down the road.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Just a nobody Offline
Lonely.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Guess?

Re: Problems with Jostens rings - December 5th 2009, 10:02 PM

That's odd. Our school orders them from there, but nobody's had been messed up.

I love : )

"Love is simple... Don't be afraid, you're already dead."

(#6 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Re: Problems with Jostens rings - December 6th 2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pothole View Post
Jostens did our class rings and there were SO many complaints, I ended up just not getting one.

I would consider sending it back, since you're likely to get a better quality ring the second time around. Plus with a class ring, it's better to really like it than just being so so with it. You'll thank yourself down the road.
They don't give you a different ring though. They supposedly fix what you've got. I guess they'd pop the stone off, however, I've looked at other people's rings and all of the amethyst stones in this cut or similar cuts seem to be this color. The color on the website, however, is rather different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love :) View Post
That's odd. Our school orders them from there, but nobody's had been messed up.
I'm surprised. I've talked with kids from other local schools and they have complaints.

This was an interesting article on Jostens.

--A

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: Problems with Jostens rings - December 6th 2009, 01:29 AM

My ring is from Jostens, as well as our graduation stuff. I didn't have a problem with their rings, I did have one friend get misprinted something on their ring and they just got it fixed no problem.

It sucks you've had such a bad experience with them! Hopefully our graduation stuff turns out okay.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Zyzz Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Problems with Jostens rings - December 6th 2009, 11:21 PM

they did good at my school. but i never got a class ring. mainly coz i hated my school. so i didnt want a ring to remind myself of my school.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Problems with Jostens rings - December 7th 2009, 10:27 AM

if it's significantly different to how it was advertised then that's misrepresentation and you should send it back and get at least a partial refund.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

Closed Thread