TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
breezemagic101 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question uggh. contacts! - December 28th 2009, 11:07 PM

im getting contacts (perscription) for the 1st time tomorrow. i wanna get colored (i already picked out whic color and everythin--- im such a dork ), but my mom wants me to get clear for the 1st time. she says that she'll "ask the doc tomorrow and see", but i know she has a real reason, even if she says she doesnt..... how do i convince her?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
RotBot Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kayce.

Re: uggh. contacts! - December 29th 2009, 12:24 AM

To be honest...I don't know if you'll be able to "convince" her, but you can at least present your reasons why you want them.

But I must offer my two cents here. I've had contacts for years (though I prefer glasses), and I've tried the color contacts upon my first fittings for lenses. I found them to be a bit more uncomfortable, so maybe it is for the best that you get clear contacts for now. The clear contacts aren't the last pair you'll ever get, I know that for sure. So maybe once you get used to the contacts you'll be getting, move on up to color contacts?

Another thing you can do is talk to your optometrist that will be fitting you about possibly trying the color lenses. If your mom likes them, she may be more inclined to getting them for you. :>

(#3 (permalink)) Old
jellyfish Offline
No Rest For The Wicked
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jen

Re: uggh. contacts! - December 29th 2009, 01:00 PM

Can you get prescription colour contacts? I've been wondering about it for yeaaars...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Elizabeth Offline
Just keep swimming!
I've been here a while

Name: Elizabeth

Re: uggh. contacts! - December 29th 2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Can you get prescription colour contacts? I've been wondering about it for yeaaars...
Yes.

I think that getting clear ones until you get used them would be a good idea, and then switching to color. I know that I got new contacts ever month, but then I stopped using them. Because the contacts were so close to my eyeball, it changed my sight and now I don't need anything.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
topov Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Rach

Re: uggh. contacts! - December 29th 2009, 07:55 PM

my first perscription contacts were bright yellow cats eye contacts lol... and they were so much more comfortable than the clear ones i have now.

But its diffrent with everyone, my sister really struggles with her coloured contacts!

Ticklish Tattoo!

Closed Thread