TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Grabungo Offline
Average Joe

Thumbs down Hip hop hater - April 3rd 2010, 09:45 PM

Okay yesterday i was around my neighbourhood and i usualy have my hip hop style u know...Baggy big jeans,a big white tshirt a new era cap...And a cop car comes by he stops and says ''Pull your pants up boy'' im like officer what is the problem so he says dont talk like that too me i was like what is going on..So he gets outta the car and says wait here im like ok so he goes to the car and look something and then he says whats ur moms number so i give it to him and as this place is ghetto where i live and its dangerous he calls my mom and said i was gangbanging with a gang named KRG 4.6.1 and my mom belived it and now she is angry as hell see now that cop is weird

Last edited by Grabungo; April 3rd 2010 at 09:56 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eljoria Offline
I'mAlwaysHereHelping. (:
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jade

Re: Hip hop hater - April 5th 2010, 04:52 PM

It's the way you dressed and your attitude towards the cop, that's why cop called your mum incase anything got worse... :S

But; try to put it behind and tell your mum what happened. :/

I'm here if you need. <3
  Send a message via MSN to Eljoria  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Hip hop hater - April 6th 2010, 11:17 AM

The cop doesn't seem to be weird at all. You said it's a rough place so presumably people, especially gang members dress as you did. When you began giving the cop some attitude, it probably made his suspicions of you fitting the stereotypical gang-member to be true. He saw that you were young and felt your parents should know you're likely with gangs in some way. I assume the gang he mentioned is the one you dressed like or was in that specific area.

Nothing weird about the officer and nothing weird about your mother's reaction. The only thing weird is why you view the officer to be weird and don't consider the obviousness you pointed out that made it very suspicious and probable you were into gangs. The officer was acting on what he felt was the best for your safety, nothing weird, it's what officers are meant to do.

If you're going to explain it to your mother, at least don't give the same attitude you gave to the officer and don't refer to him as a "hater" if you want to appear in any amount of positive light.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Hip hop hater - April 6th 2010, 11:21 AM

To be fair, a lot of trouble makers dress like that so it's only natural that the cop would be suspicious. Sure, it's not fair but to the cop you could have been some knife wielding gang member.

Although I don't think it was right that the cop told your mum something that you say isn't true.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Hip hop hater - April 6th 2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cara View Post
To be fair, a lot of trouble makers dress like that so it's only natural that the cop would be suspicious. Sure, it's not fair but to the cop you could have been some knife wielding gang member.

Although I don't think it was right that the cop told your mum something that you say isn't true.
How would the officer know he wasn't lying? I'd venture to guess that if an actual criminal or gang-member was caught on the sidewalk, they'd deny being a criminal or part of a gang. The honesty policy of never lying isn't one that is used always in the real world.

Closed Thread