TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dancinfool Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Waxing/Shaving virgin.. please help! - August 2nd 2010, 07:26 PM

Hey..
Even though I'm now 20 (eek) I've never shaved my leg hair- its very pale and there's not much of it (prob cos I've never shaved..). Its only noticeable in very bright sunlight but seeing as I live in England thats not really a problem much :P
Now here's the deal- I grazed a small patch of skin on my leg a while ago coming off my bike. Just realised yesterday that the patch where skin was damaged (a couple of sq inches) now has longer darker hairs on it (they're still blondeish). I don't want to shave it cos I think they'll just keep growing in that one area. I was about to wax it (and prob do the rest of my lower legs at the same time) but am a bit worried that might mean all the hairs grow back darker.. and then I'd have to shave/wax all the time. I know most people do already :P but it saves me considerable time and money not having to.
Anyone else have similar experience/advice? I had white blonde hair when I was little but now its dirty blonde/light brown.
Thanks,
Zoe

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Waxing/Shaving virgin.. please help! - August 2nd 2010, 07:39 PM

I have always had very blonde hair. My Mum wouldn't let me shave my legs for ages because you couldn't see it and she didn't want it to grow back darker. In the end I did because everyone else did.

The hair hasn't grown back darker and I can still not shave my legs for weeks without it being noticeable because it is so blonde. If you touch my legs you can usually feel the hairs as the are a bit thicker but you can't see them.

I usually only shave my legs when I know they will be on show. Other than that I don't need to as the hairs aren't obvious.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Tara. Offline
You member.
I can't get enough

Re: Waxing/Shaving virgin.. please help! - August 2nd 2010, 07:47 PM

I think that if you wax it the hair will show less and it'll last longer than shaving.
But it'll hurt. Alot!

To you, everything's funny. - -
I'd give all I have, honey. - If you could stay like that.
Stay this little. - - I won't let nobody hurt you.
Just try to never grow up. - - Never grow up.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
dancinfool Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Waxing/Shaving virgin.. please help! - August 2nd 2010, 07:57 PM

Maybe I'll just wax the dark bit and see how that goes lolz.. I'll have a random hairless dark bit but then if it grows dark at least I only have to keep waxing that bit not my entire legs :P

Closed Thread