TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
gloves123 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Rashel

Question trying to be diffrent - July 28th 2011, 12:33 PM

hey guys!
well Ive been seeing people wearing those earings that is a feather on one ear and a stud on the other. i really like how they look, but i dont know how they would look on me because i have collar bone length hair. also Ive been trying to make my style a little more original like CeCe and Rockys style from Shake it up, but a little diffrent. Ive started layering shirts with my rocker vest and diffrent jewlery but im running out of ideas! any tips?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: trying to be diffrent - August 1st 2011, 07:55 AM

I'd say just experiment with your look. I have feathered earrings, but I've never heard of the stud earring in one ear. I know I just try different looks when I'm bored at home. Try different accessories with different outfits & switch up your outfits (like a different shirt with a different skirt or shorts). Personally, I'm not one to go shopping a lot, so that's what I do. I mix up my outfits & I make sure to keep wearing my old shirts, so it looks like I have more shirts than I do. If that makes any sense. Haha, hope this helped!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dreamer Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: trying to be diffrent - August 1st 2011, 11:47 AM

Hey there! I think that the feather earring stuff sounds great But only wear it if you want to/feel comfortable with it. On the point of having a different look than other people; I'd suggest thrift stores/second hand stores/charity shops/whatever they are called where you live. It's a great way to find things that other people don't have, and get a more unique look. It's also (almost always) a lot cheaper to buy stuff at thrift stores than at regular stores, so it's better for the wallet as well as the enviorment Just remember to wash things that you get there, as they sometimes aren't washed before! And remember that simple changes (shortening the hem of a skirt, putting a belt around a dress etc) are super easy to do!

Good luck! <3

If you want to; check out my poems and stuff under the "Self Expression"-forum.

You are BEAUTIFUL! <3

Always remember to smile!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ainsliejones Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: trying to be diffrent - August 2nd 2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloves123 View Post
hey guys!
well Ive been seeing people wearing those earings that is a feather on one ear and a stud on the other. i really like how they look, but i dont know how they would look on me because i have collar bone length hair. also Ive been trying to make my style a little more original like CeCe and Rockys style from Shake it up, but a little diffrent. Ive started layering shirts with my rocker vest and diffrent jewlery but im running out of ideas! any tips?
ohh ya That's really nice idea .

Closed Thread