TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
FlowerKiss Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Joy

Hair removal? (alternative from shaving/waxing) - November 4th 2011, 10:36 PM

Alright so lets just say I suck at shaving, So I want to try something new I can't wax because I can't afford it because I do not trust myself to do it and no suggestion of nair that stuff smells awful! I was thinking of buying veet or something close to that what do you guys think or use?
  Send a message via AIM to FlowerKiss  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ngikhona Offline
Inkululeko.
I've been here a while

Name: Keeley Siobhan

Re: Hair removal? (alternative from shaving/waxing) - November 7th 2011, 09:52 AM

Personally, I've used and loved my epilator, but it is not a good option for many people. If you have a fairly high pain tolerance or are willing to get used to the pain, it's a great way to get rid of hair. If you don't know what it is, it's pretty much 50-70 high-speed tweezers on this little handheld thing. It can take a really long time to get used to, but you can always shave off whatever is too painful to epilate at the time.

I would like to ask, however, what makes you feel like you suck at shaving? Consider how much time you give yourself to shave. If you give yourself 5 minutes for both your entire legs, you're more likely to get cut. If you feel like you're missing spots and that's why you suck, try using shaving cream so you can see where you've shaved.

As far as Veet goes, that will also smell bad. Veet and Nair are pretty much the same.-- they fry your hair off. If you have sensitive skin, don't use it. Honestly, I don't think you'll find good results with either because they just don't do very well at getting rid of all your hair, but it's up to you.

"Love me for me, accept the fact I'm true, live like I want, fufill my dreams,
Dream of me, run out free, capture your words and never let them go."

I'll see you on the other side.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Poppy

Re: Hair removal? (alternative from shaving/waxing) - November 8th 2011, 09:50 AM

I wouldn't recommend Veet, it doesn't last long (as in hair grows back pretty quick) and it's not great for your skin.
Have you heard of sugaring? A friend of mine at school used to use it. It's kind of like waxing. Basically you buy this sugaring stuff from a store (she got it from the Body Shop UK) and cotton strips. You heat up the suagring stuff as you would with wax and pretty much spread it on your legs etc and use cotton strips to tear it off. I was used to waxing so never tried it, but my friend always raved about it. You can wash the strips with laundry so they're reusable, and the sugar stuff washes off easily when cold so you don't get any sticky stuff left over on your legs. It's fairly cheap from what I know, and not as painful as waxing.

You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
FairyPoppins Offline
Never give up.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Hair removal? (alternative from shaving/waxing) - November 21st 2011, 12:40 AM

^ I really want to try that sugaring thing. I despise the way wax leaves that sticky residue. I got my legs done at a salon once and ended up having to scrub the residue off with a nail brush. As if my skin wasn't sore enough already!

I too was going to suggest epilating. My mum does it and it does give great, long-lasting results (wow, I could go into advertising ).

However, I tried it once and o.m.g. the pain.

Although I'm thinking of getting some numbing cream and trying again.

"You, and only you alone,
Can build a bridge across the stream..."

TeenHelper since 07/07/2005.

Closed Thread