TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Money This forum is for support with financial issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CrystalJade Offline
Junior TeenHelper

What to do about this credit card? - December 21st 2012, 09:22 AM

Let me start this off by saying I am completely pissed off. I'll start from the beginning though.

I recently moved out with my boyfriend to the city, work all the time and I'm seeking a second job, I'm trying to get everything around to go to college (it'll be $30,000 a year for me to go), I have to take care of my two cats, and have bills on top of that.

I really needed a new bra so I decided to try for the Victoria's Secret Angel Card. I already have a credit card (through another clothing store, and I happen to be a sales associate there). I applied and I was approved online at home. I went in to the store here a few days later and was met by rude employees. I wasn't greeted and I was having trouble finding what I needed. No one talked to me until I started opening up the drawers myself. During check out one of the employees was staring at me in a condescending way. Right after my purchase I made a payment of $28. I knew my minimum would be $25 because of my experience with the other card I have. This was just the beginning though.

I got my statement a few weeks later and it stated that I owed a minimum payment. I called the company up and told them I had already made the payment after my purchase and the representative argued with me. She told me over and over again that I don't understand the card and everything should have been explained when I signed up. She kept insisting that the revolving credit wasn't for me then and that I wouldn't be able to understand it. It kept going on this way until I was in tears from frustration. She even told me "I pay mine off immediately because I have three jobs". I told her "that's good for you but not everyone can do that". She even said she had pulled up my other credit card because they were the same company. Eventually they accepted my payment as the months minimum.

I've had my other card for a year now and haven't had ANY issues. I don't know what's wrong with this one... I just checked my balance online tonight (I honestly don't know why but I'm glad I did). I saw that they charged me a late fee! It isn't time for another payment so I know this was charged to my one and only bill. I am going to contact them tomorrow and it better get fixed.

Is there anything else I can do? I'm absolutely livid and I will not be shopping at this company or using this credit card company again. I'm paying off both credit cards and getting rid of both ASAP.

It's funny how I "don't understand the credit card" when I'm required to sale it at work. Please, any suggestion or help is appreciated! I'm 19, they will end up ruining my credit history. I just wanted to build credit and be able to get the things I needed! I'm so upset!

Now the latest. I just checked

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Corrie

Re: What to do about this credit card? - December 21st 2012, 10:46 AM

Call them and be the Bitch with Furry! You did pay and you will not PAY them any late fee because its unacceptable! Threaten court if you have too!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Amorphous. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Hamed Khatiz

Re: What to do about this credit card? - December 21st 2012, 10:53 AM

Hey, Ann.

My name's Hamed, seventeen year old writer, Buddy and stacks more from Sydney. I don't know much about credit cards because I don't work, don't have a bank account, never had a credit card myelf, so this response and some of the facts in it might be wrong LOL. Just a warning .

I am so sorry you have had this happen, it must be so frustrating knowing that you've paid what you''ve needed to and some and they have accused you of OWING. In Autralia there are these Industry Ombudsman Services that you can complain to. They basically make srue that the industry is running smoothly and fairly and they investigate complaints. My advice is to look at your options as to who you can complain to and have this investigated and cleared more than anything.

COMPLAIN
COMPLAIN
COMPLAIN

To the company, to the industry regulators, whoever you can and get your name cleared. You don't deserve a massive stamp on your credit rating, you know who you are. If you want it to get fiexd and the company rep s just being a bitch and telling you how many jobs they have, then hang up on them, don't let them waste your time and think about yyour options as to how you can get this fixed and who you can complain to.

I know this response is probably REALLY bad LOL, but yeah, not a credti card user but I do kno a couple of things about Consumer Law and one of them is there are always options to get something investigated, you don't have to put up with it .

H.

P.S. I gotta say, when I read that the employees at the store were rude to you, I read the word "nude" and I immediately thought "OMG, nude workers at a Victoria Secert Store? OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" LOL . That deserves a complain in itself if the person serving you isn't wearing clothes .

“At times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place,
But believe that there is much more good in it than bad.
All you have to do is look hard enough,
And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.”

~My Childhood Friend.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TakeTheLeap Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: What to do about this credit card? - December 21st 2012, 11:38 AM

Hey Ann!

First of all, I'm sorry this is happening to you! I know how frustrating credit cards can be, and I would certainly report your Victoria's Secret store to the Better Business Bureau and file a report with corporate. No one should be treated like that, especially at VS where employees are basically trained to kiss peoples' asses when they walk in.

You're doing the right thing by calling the company back and asking them to waive the late fee. You can usually get what you want by a phone call to customer service. Make sure you get your phone rep's name and ID number just in case you need it. Do NOT let a phone representative talk down to you and tell you that you don't understand. If it gets to the point where they start to really frustrate you, ask to speak to a supervisor and be ready to provide the name and ID number you got. Also record the supervisor's name and ID number.
Also, when you make any phone calls to customer service, make sure you have a piece of paper or a word/note document up on the computer so you can write/type notes. Record an incident number if you're given one, extra phone numbers they provide you with, any rude comments those you talk to make, the resolutions to the problem, etc. (Make sure you date it and put a time on there so you can refer to it if you have to call again!)

I hope you get it all straightened out.

“Don't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time. You may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be." ~Jon Bon Jovi

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: What to do about this credit card? - December 21st 2012, 05:53 PM

I want to give you some advice for the future, after you get this particular situation taken care of.

Just making the minimum payments is a really good way to get you into debt. Especially if you're going to be going to college and have bills to pay, I would advise against buying things on credit if you couldn't afford to pay for it in cash immediately.

Just be careful. Credit cards are an incredibly easy way to ruin your life, if you're not careful.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
CrystalJade Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: What to do about this credit card? - December 21st 2012, 09:16 PM

I'm making above minimum payments because it looks better on your history. It's only about $100 I owe them and I really needed what I bought. I was looking sloppy and I can't have that for my job and my bra was falling apart.

I called them and got this problem fixed and I saw it was still on my bill online so I called to make sure it was taken care of and the second person I talked to tried telling me I missed last months payment! I had to explain to her what happened... again. This is so irritating.

I looked up complaints about this card and my other. This one has so many complaints, some similar to mine. My other card only has complaints about the interest rate and credit limit. I don't understand how they can be the same company that issues both but one is horrible while the other is just fine.

UPDATE: They just sent me an email stating that it was a "courtesy" that they fixed it and I should avoid late payments next time. Last time I checked a "courtesy" isn't when you make a mistake. I sent them a message back stating that I won't be keeping the card and it wasn't a "courtesy". I also told them a simple "I'm sorry for messing up" would have sufficed. That just drove my anger way up again!

Last edited by CrystalJade; December 22nd 2012 at 12:29 AM.

Closed Thread