TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Money This forum is for support with financial issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CrystalJade Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Lightbulb Didn'take my down payment. - March 26th 2013, 06:56 PM

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this and I'm sorry if it isn't.

Anyway, I bought a car less than a week ago, I ended up financing it. The car ended up being 10 grand after taxes and everything. It's already having issues though, the remote start will turn on but then turn off a second later then not work at all, the car keeps saying 'low coolant' when it has half a thing of coolant, and a few times it didn't want to start. They also didn't fix a blind in it that I wanted fixed and one of the lights on the car jumps when I hit even a slight bump.

They forgot to take my down payment when I was at the dealership and called me asking about the car and wanting the payment. I have the papers that I signed in the beginning stating the down payment. It's not a large down payment but it is something and to me it means a lot. I'm considering telling them I had paid it and if they show proof I didn't then I would tell them they'll get it when my car's fixed.

I got this car less than a week ago and it's already having these issues. My doenpayment was cash too.

Thoughts?

Last edited by PSY; March 27th 2013 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Moved to the Finances sub-forum.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Robin

Re: Didn'take my down payment. - March 27th 2013, 05:23 PM

I may not be the best person to answer this thread, as my dad bought my car several years ago; however, I can't imagine that lying to the car dealership is a good idea. I'd read over the agreement and find the part that discusses the car's condition/repairs. Bring your car to the dealership, show them how your car isn't working properly, and tell them they need to uphold their end of the agreement. If they don't, then you can explore legal options for getting your money back (and getting out of the agreement).

(#3 (permalink)) Old
CrystalJade Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Didn'take my down payment. - March 27th 2013, 10:47 PM

Last night the power steering went out. I took the car back today and argued with them.for about an hour. In the end they took the car back. They sold me a lemon but don't want to admit it.

Thank you for the reply.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Didn'take my down payment. - April 3rd 2013, 03:30 PM

I'm glad you got it sorted. Lying about money is never a good idea because then you lose some ground legally if it ever does get to that stage.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

Closed Thread