TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Money This forum is for support with financial issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Asking for help - January 19th 2017, 12:50 PM

I have no idea if this fits here as it names a few things.

I've been struggling with different things for a little while now. I am now moving and this move is abrupt and fast.

I told my cousin I can't come up with last and firsts months rent as why I am looking to move for March. She then offers to help me pay as now I am moving February first.

I was a little shocked as I've always gotten by okay even if I was struggling. I never ask for money and is rare someone is like, "here I'll help you, here's some money." I usually ask for help in other ways but I still don't like asking for help if it involves me.

Has this happened to anyone, where you don't normally ever ask for help and then someone is providing you with answers to help, in my case money. Where you are used to doing things for yourself and scrapping by on nickels?

Last edited by Fading Light.; January 23rd 2017 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Just moving the thread to a more specific subforum.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: Asking for help - January 19th 2017, 05:09 PM

Hey,

I think if you're not used to asking for help it can feel quite alien when you have someone who is showing you kindness and generosity. I think if you feel like some of it is too much then you can always politely decline, but it sounds like the help is really welcomed right now and if your cousin is in a position to do so, then it wouldn't hurt to take a little support, we all need it from time to time. It's okay to take help, there may be a day when you are in a position to return the favour when your cousin needs it. It may be helping her our in a different way. It's nice to be independent, but everyone needs a hand from time to time and there is nothing wrong with accepting that help.

Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

Closed Thread