TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Money This forum is for support with financial issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I will change lives.
Welcome me, I'm new!

I need money. - May 16th 2010, 12:54 AM

What do I do? I have to pay my cell phone bill. I have to pay for my car. My car insurance. My monthly car payments. Gas. Medical bills. And then have enough money for a life. And my work thinks I can afford that on 70 a week?!?! O.o What do I do? I tried asking for more hours. I am getting a second job. But my car is dying and I need a new car now. It cant wait any longer and I don't know what to do. I could try to sell my stuff but I have nothing of value that I can legit sell. I need my laptop for school. And that is all I have of value. What do I do? Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to make money? Or know any place that will like, finance an 18 year old with barly any credit? What do I do? I'm so scared and stressed. Its really upsetting me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Zyzz Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I need money. - May 16th 2010, 01:04 AM

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Money-Fast check that site out for a decent list on making quick cash.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: I need money. - May 16th 2010, 01:15 AM

One thing you can do is cancel your cell phone contract. They are pretty expense and if you have a land line, unnecessary. If your car dies, start asking your friends if they know how to repair cars. Labor is what is most expensive when it comes to getting your car fixed, not necessarily the parts. They might be able to help you out. And if it does die and you can’t get it fixed right away, you can look into the bus routes around your home and job.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: I need money. - May 16th 2010, 01:45 AM

I hate to say this, but if money is really that tight, you may have to wait on "having a life" for a while. Try to find activities and events in your area that are free. My fiancé and I are having to do this right now, since we're both struggling financially. It's saved us several hundred dollars so far, and it's only been a couple months. We eat out less, go out less, etc.

You may also want to consider finding one better job overall that can replace your current job, instead of juggling two jobs.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
I will change lives.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I need money. - May 16th 2010, 01:59 AM

My BF is a drive away. So. It costs me in gas just to see him. He cant drive yet. I mean, I'm the kind of person who is very okay with just hanging out in a park, walking down trails and watching movies... but. I need my cell phone. Its my main way to contact people. I just feel so hopeless. Like. So hopeless I am feeling suicidal over it. How stupid is that?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: I need money. - May 16th 2010, 02:20 AM

Honestly, seeing your boyfriend is not worth getting into debt over. So you guys can’t see each other for a couple of months, you will be OK. Couples are in long distance relationships all the time. You really just need to prioritize what’s most important and that is paying your bill, having a roof over your head and food. Anything outside of that comes second.

And it’s not stupid to be upset about this situation. It must be really stressful to not have the money you need to pay your bills. But you will be ok and you can work this out. You just have to prioritize what’s most important right now, and work towards paying that first.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#7 (permalink)) Old
DanielR Offline
Survived the Apocalypse of '57
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Daniel

Re: I need money. - May 16th 2010, 07:20 AM

I don't know about your country, but in our country... we have Prepaid phones. Get rid of your cell phone contract, and get a prepaid phone. It will teach you to spend wisely with your 'credit'...

As for a social life... you don't need money to hang out with friends. I live on $200 every two weeks, and I'm trying to self-fund a film project with that as well. You should set out what money you have, decide on what is MOST IMPORTANT. Ditch the cell, buy a prepaid. If people want to talk, they can call you. As for the boyfriend... tell him to get off his arse and catch a bus to see you. My last girlfriend lived over 6 hours away from me, and the only way I was going to see her was if I took a train to her place! If he loves you, he'll do it!

The car can be serviced. Find out how much it will cost to repair it, and sell it for parts if it will cost too much. Buy a car with whatever you have from the sale, and then focus on getting a second job/improving your position in your current job so you can get a promotion.

I don't like to whizz in people's pockets, so I will always give you truth. I'm opinionated, so take what I say with a cup of salt.

Send a message via MSN to DanielR  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Naomi. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Naomi

Re: I need money. - May 16th 2010, 09:48 AM

Heyyy, it can be really hard when money gets tight. Is there any way that you could switch your cell phone contract to pay-as-you-go? This could work out cheaper. With regards to seeing your boyfriend, could he get the bus to see you occasionally? Other then that, with your general lifestyle, I would say that shopping at the cheapest possible supermarket and only buying what you need can be a great way of saving money. The same goes for clothes. And anything else really, don't buy stuff you don't need. It sounds like your car is a massive drain on your expensis, is there any way that you could cut down your car use? Also, with regards to general house, heating bills, a great way to save money (and the environment) is to only put the heating on when it gets REALLY cold, and before that, just wear a few extra jumpers. :] I hope that things work out for you! xxx

Dream ♥

Closed Thread