TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Money This forum is for support with financial issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BrokenHeart315 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Belle

Should I Have Gotten My Money Back? - July 27th 2010, 06:47 PM

So, last year when I was in Anime Club, we were all planning to go to Anime Detour for a weekend. (A complete nerd convention) I put down a deposit of $50 knowing that if I backed out, they weren't going to refund it.
About halfway through the year, I heard about some 'pranks' the president & vice president (Tawnya & Kyle, respectively.) were planning to pull on me during this, & they didn't sound harmless, I was actually worried about someone getting seriously hurt.
I dropped out of both anime club & detour, knowing I wouldn't get the deposit back. Then Kyle came up to me out of the blue (I hadn't mentioned the money at all, just emailed him & told him I wasn't going.) & told me he'd refund the money.
So that was a couple months before detour, & detour had been over for about three weeks before I finally emailed Kyle wondering when I would know about the money. He goes to Jessica, who was supposedly the treasure (except the only person who handled the money was Kyle,I didn't even know the position existed) & she sent this big long email about how I didn't deserve the money & what a terrible person I was. (She only agreed to refund half, as well.) I told her Kyle had started this & if he had never said anything, I wouldn't have asked for it back.
Did I have any claim to my money back? By the way, I never got anything back.

I don't understand why I hang around,
They see what's going down.

Cover up with makeup in the mirror,
Tell myself It's never gonna happen again.
I cry alone,
And then you swear you love me.

Do you feel like a man,
When you push me around?
Do you feel better now,
As I fall to the ground?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Twisted Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Should I Have Gotten My Money Back? - July 27th 2010, 06:58 PM

Well you knew you weren't entitled to a refund, but then someone told you that you could have it back so ofcourse you were going to look into it like anyone would. I don't know if you had any claim but since you were told you could have it back then obviously you're going to investigate that. I do think that Jessica was ouy of line with the way she spoke to you, you were simply looking into something that you were told it's not like you were demanding it back or anything.

I doubt you'd be able to get it back now though.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
VampirePrincess Offline
Ice Princess
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Re: Should I Have Gotten My Money Back? - July 27th 2010, 08:30 PM

You gave away the money knowing you weren't getting a refund if you backed out, so it's not like you lose anything by not getting it back from them now. You knew the risks, so unless you have a written agreement from Kyle saying you should get the money back then give up on it. Besides, do you really want money from people that are so rude to you? Just kiss it goodbye, and leave those people out of your life - sounds like you're better off without them, anyway.

{{sending PINTEREST invites! just ask!}}

Volume of a Doughnut
V = 2(pi)^2 * R(r)^2

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BrokenHeart315 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Belle

Re: Should I Have Gotten My Money Back? - July 28th 2010, 06:19 PM

I know I'm not getting the money back, I didn't care too terribly much. I was just wondering who was wrong & who was right.

I don't understand why I hang around,
They see what's going down.

Cover up with makeup in the mirror,
Tell myself It's never gonna happen again.
I cry alone,
And then you swear you love me.

Do you feel like a man,
When you push me around?
Do you feel better now,
As I fall to the ground?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Should I Have Gotten My Money Back? - July 31st 2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenHeart315 View Post
So, last year when I was in Anime Club, we were all planning to go to Anime Detour for a weekend. (A complete nerd convention) I put down a deposit of $50 knowing that if I backed out, they weren't going to refund it.
About halfway through the year, I heard about some 'pranks' the president & vice president (Tawnya & Kyle, respectively.) were planning to pull on me during this, & they didn't sound harmless, I was actually worried about someone getting seriously hurt.
I dropped out of both anime club & detour, knowing I wouldn't get the deposit back. Then Kyle came up to me out of the blue (I hadn't mentioned the money at all, just emailed him & told him I wasn't going.) & told me he'd refund the money.
So that was a couple months before detour, & detour had been over for about three weeks before I finally emailed Kyle wondering when I would know about the money. He goes to Jessica, who was supposedly the treasure (except the only person who handled the money was Kyle,I didn't even know the position existed) & she sent this big long email about how I didn't deserve the money & what a terrible person I was. (She only agreed to refund half, as well.) I told her Kyle had started this & if he had never said anything, I wouldn't have asked for it back.
Did I have any claim to my money back? By the way, I never got anything back.
I say just let it go. Let them be and live your life.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: Should I Have Gotten My Money Back? - July 31st 2010, 12:42 PM

You handed in the money knowing you wouldn't get a refund and you didn't bother asking when you dropped out which was the right thing to do but if you were told that you were going to be refunded then you're bound to ask the person who deals with the money about that and it's out of order for her to say things like you said she said when you're only asking about what someone told you so if anyone is in the wrong, it's her for being harsh when you were only asking about it.

As for the whole situation, I would say you're right in saying you won't get the money back and I would just leave it at that. It seems pretty clear that these people are rude so I wouldn't waste your time.

Closed Thread