Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Money This forum is for support with financial issues.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper
Stuckinhell's Avatar
Name: Sammy
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: UK

Posts: 813
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Tax frustration - April 13th 2011, 10:43 AM

So I seem to be stuck in a bit of a rut.

September 09 I left my job and wen't travelling. Coming back in February 2010. From Feb - April 2010 I then recieved jobseekers, and did the odd day work for a temping agency.

I've phoned up loads of time to try and get my tax back from that year. As from April -September 09 I was working lot's and paying tax. I'm owed about 200 and i really want it back.

Everytime I phone them up they say they'll sort it and they haven't. They asked me to send them all my p60's- and stupidly i did send the originals.
They said they'd then send me a cheque when they got the p60's but i havent had it and that was in january.

What can I do? It's really driving me mad :S x

Last edited by Gaia; April 13th 2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Moved to Finances
Reply With Quote
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough
Batman.'s Avatar
Name: Julz
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,724
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: December 14th 2009

Re: Tax frustration - April 13th 2011, 03:50 PM

Maia, I don't know much about the UK, but do you have any bookkeepers? Basically, like, somebody who does your taxes for you, and you pay them a small fee..? Here, in North America, H&R Block is a common company that does this, but some people do it from their own homes.

I have found, personally, that when you go through one of these people, not only do you have an easier time getting the money you're entitled to (especially since they usually catch things you'd possibly miss), but also, the government responds to them quicker and better.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

Reply With Quote
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?
*Jen*'s Avatar
Name: Jen
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: England

Posts: 3,668
Blog Entries: 211
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Tax frustration - April 13th 2011, 07:54 PM

You could write them a letter demanding that they give it you back because you returned your p60s in January and tell them that it is unacceptable and that you need the money to live. You have a right to get it back so you just have to really demanding and firm with them.

You can do anything you want to
Reply With Quote


frustration, tax

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All material copyright 1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.