TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Delphene Marie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Maddy

Unhappy will my hair fall out - February 19th 2013, 02:38 AM

Ok so i dye my hair alot and this time i wanted to do my whole head. So my plan was to dye my hair white and then dye it teal, so that when my hair starts to fade it will look pastel teal and thats what i want. But my mom and i got into a fight about brands and bleaching, cuz she said we can bleach my hair white but my hair doesn't bleach well and so she won the bleach argument. But the color dye thing is different, see my gut was telling me to get the brand i always get butbi wanted to try some thing ne, turns out my gut was right. I bleached my hair twice and colored it twice,.. i am not happy with the results, my hair is seafoam green and 80% of it washed out in the shower today. When i bleach my hair, my hair turns orange, and do u know what orange and green look like together? Not a pretty picture. So i just wanted to know if my hair would fall out if i dyed it again in about 5 days or maybe if i can convince my mom again, sooner.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: will my hair fall out - February 20th 2013, 12:02 AM

Dying and bleaching your hair makes it brittle, but it will not cause it to fall out. It's the shaft of your hair that is damaged, not the roots where new hair comes in.
When you bleach your hair, make sure you are leaving it on long enough. Bleach always works, no matter what kind of hair people have. Sometimes you have to do it twice to get it light enough.
My recommendation is to go to a professional and have them fix your hair. That way you won't end up damaging it even more.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: will my hair fall out - February 21st 2013, 09:19 PM

It shouldn't make it fall out, but that will make it more brittle than it already is. I highly suggest using something like Color Oops which will get the colour out of it, and then waiting a week or two to go over it with the colour.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
Closed Thread