TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
prettyinpinkk Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Insecure - June 13th 2016, 04:31 PM

so...i am turning 19 this year and i have insecurities about how thin my hair is. I went online in hopes of finding a way to make it thick but nth works. My boyfriend keeps telling me to make it thick, even his mother said i'll look nicer with thicker fringe etc.. every time someone talks about my hair i feel like shit haha and insecure. im kinda anxious? i told my mother i reallllly want to make it thick but literally nothing works. I tried hair loss shampoo, coconut and castor oil etc but my hair still drops a lot and i really dk what to do. Hair treatments outside cost a bomb but my mother say she doesnt trust those. Wth? im kinda annoyed by that, i mean how u know it wont work if you dont try? i legit cant think of any other way to make my hair thicker. i feel like crying sometimes, especially when i see other pretty girls outside i feel so small. Literally my whole entire life, i couldnt find a nice hairstyle that suits me and i really hate that fact. i hate going to the salon and getting my hair cut, every time the person ask what hairstyle i want i just shrug my shoulders ahhahaha oh well. My mum also have thin hair so it could be genes. But im sure theres a solution right?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Re: Insecure - June 13th 2016, 05:04 PM

Hey there. I'm sorry that you have these negative feelings towards yourself. I'm not really sure what you could do to make your hair thicker, but I just wanted to let you know that it truly doesn't matter what your hair looks like. I'm sure you're beautiful either way. I'm also sorry your BF isn't being more supportive and giving you the positive support that you need.

I think the reason that your mother doesn't want you to try outward treatments because as you mentioned, they are expensive, and maybe she is afraid that all that money would be dished out, and if it doesn't work, then it would be a waste.

Have you considered getting hair extensions or buying a wig? I understand going this route may be expensive as well, but it may be a better possibility for you. I'd talk it over with your mother, and maybe do some research about it online. I'm really sorry that I don't have more advice to give you, but I wish you the best of luck. <3 I'm here if you ever need to talk. Take care.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Insecure - June 13th 2016, 11:17 PM

I've moved this over to Hairstyling because your question is about your hair, not your relationship.
You could try blow drying your hair upside-down to give it more volume. My mom has really thin hair though, and really there's not a whole lot you can do about it except to learn to accept it. You don't need thick hair to be beautiful, and I honestly find it kind of disrespectful that your boyfriend was telling you how you can look better. You were born with your hair like this, and there's nothing wrong with it being thin. Some people have really thick hair and wish theirs was thin like yours!
I think hair extensions could be a good option. It's worth looking into if this is really bothering you.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: Insecure - June 13th 2016, 11:34 PM

Hey there,
I knw how you're feeling. I'm losing hair too. In my case i can't do jack because of my genes.
You can try talking to a doctor or hairstylist. Personally, I'd say just get used to it. Not trying to be harsh, but thats the truth. Because end of the day, if it doesn't get better (But i pray it does), you can't beat yourself up right.
It sounds to me like you're very stressed, and that can lead to hair falling out. Really. Can you try relaxing, and seeing how it goes?
Hope i helped, and again, not trying to be harsh, i know how you feel.

Closed Thread