TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Svisttt Offline
Art Dork~
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Haircuts for thin hair? - February 3rd 2018, 02:10 AM

Ellooo, so I've always had pretty thin hair that has a hard time growing longer. I desperately want to cut it because I generally feel crappy about the way I look because of my hair. Right now it goes a little bit below my shoulders.

I'm not really sure what kind of haircut would be good- any suggestions for hella thin hair? haha

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Resource Editor

I can't get enough

Re: Haircuts for thin hair? - February 3rd 2018, 12:05 PM

Do you either straighten or curl your hair? Sometimes it can help to change that aspect so your hair isn't always the same.

Some hair cuts you could look into are pixie cuts they have a variety of different styles. There is also hair cuts that sit above your shoulder. Some are really short with the back of the head with not a lot if long hair about the front has longer hair. There is also bobs you can look at, which you can ask for it to be more styled.

When you go to the hairdressers you can ask for a book full of different hair styles and some are for short hair cuts. They can also help you in finding something that works for you and give you suggestions.

Another option is Google short hair cuts, you can see the different types of styles. That is what I have done and then brought it into the hairdressers for them to see which style I wanted.

I hope you are able to find a hair cut that you like.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Haircuts for thin hair? - February 3rd 2018, 03:06 PM

My mom had really thin hair and a lot of the time she would just get it trimmed. The main reason she did this, though, was because she also had a really hard time getting her hair to grow. My sister in law does hair and when my mom started seeing her she was able to get suggestions on what would look best.

I know that my sister in law was able to do slight layering (not 100% sure how) and it looked quite good on my mom's hair. My mom was quite opposed to short hair though.

My suggestion would be to talk to the person you are going to have do your hair. They tend to be pretty honest about what will and will not work. I think the main reason most stylists are honest about these things is because if they weren't and the client ended up hating it, it could impact their ability to keep their clients coming back.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Svisttt Offline
Art Dork~
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Re: Haircuts for thin hair? - February 3rd 2018, 03:46 PM

Thank youu

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Re: Haircuts for thin hair? - February 3rd 2018, 07:38 PM

Hey there!

I just wanted to second what has been said. Talking to your hairdresser about what you want will be helpful! They have a pretty good idea of what works with what texture or type of hair and know what will work best with your hair type and face shape.

I know someone who has thin hair and they have layers and it looks good on them.

Take care!

Closed Thread