TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Acerbated Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Niki

Haircut soon, advice? - August 3rd 2009, 02:38 AM

I'm getting a haircut this Friday and am trying to figure out what I want done. I know I need to cut off quite a bit because of damage but at the same time I want to keep my length as much as possible. The top layers of my hair are more damaged than the bottom so I'm thinking about going for a layered look. I do have bangs/fringe right now, but I'm not wanting to cut them because last time she cut them stupidly short.

I also want a haircut that is easy to maintain. Right now the style my hair like in my pictures below I towel dry to damp, blowdry straight, then use a flat iron to straighten. I have naturally curly hair that was chemically straightened last October, still is in my hair but it makes my ends.. not straight because of the damage.

Here's a few pictures of me so show length and face shape.
[length] [face + bangs] [last haircut] [most recent, shows bangs]

Here's something along the lines of what I'm looking at.
[1.1] [1.2] [1.3] [2.1] [2.2] [2.3]

So, opinions? Advice? Any suggestions are welcome, including those that are unlike the style I posted.

EDIT: If it makes any difference to anybody, my hair at it's longest point is 11 inches, but I have 2.5 inches of blonde roots.

Every time I try to give up, a little voice called hope says "one more try"

Last edited by Acerbated; August 3rd 2009 at 02:50 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Haircut soon, advice? - August 3rd 2009, 11:23 AM

I like style number one that you've found and I do think that would really suit you. I have to say that I did prefer it when you had a full fringe [like in your last haircut photograph] as I think it suits your face more. Though if you did choose style one then I think that the side fringe does look good with the style as a whole, if you don't want it to be cut. So yeah, I'd go for style one.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Acerbated Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Niki

Re: Haircut soon, advice? - August 3rd 2009, 10:42 PM

I wasn't a fan of the full fringe the hair stylist did there. I had wanted something a bit choppy but more blunt, she gave me wispy and ugh I have problems with a full fringe as well, even when just walking through the hallways at school I have to constantly check that I'm not getting a weird part because my hair is light and moves easily. >__<;

I was leaning more towards style one anyways [thus why it's 1 and not 2 ]. My mom agreed that it would look very nice, a couple friends did as well though one friend said it's nice but I could find better.

Every time I try to give up, a little voice called hope says "one more try"

Closed Thread