TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
samedifference Offline
Not a n00b

Cool New hair ideas..? WARNING LONGGGGG. - August 27th 2009, 04:07 PM

I've been trying to grow my hair for YEARS. I've tried just about everything possible to make it grow. My most recent attempt was not to cut it in ages (a year and a half) as I don't understand how cutting your split ends could stimulate growth..

So anyway, now my hair is in crap condition, looks fine and pretty while straightend but if I don't, you can see all the split ends and it's just horrible to touch.
I want to get my hair cut now but I feel like crying everytime I get it cut as it's usualy boob length and then they cut it shoulder length and all the growing was for nothing.

RIGHT. Cutting the shit and getting to the point!
I'm considering getting extentions. My hair is boob length at the moment but I'm guessing I'm going to have a load of it chopped off asap. I would get extentions slightly longer than my length atm so my hair would fall just under my boobs, nothing tooooooo long. The problem is I hate feeling fake. Wearing them would make me feel fake.. but I want your opinions on them.. are they a yay or a nay?
I also have a round face.. any hair style ideas??

Sorry for SUUUUUUCH a long post for such a silly thing.. but my hair helps me feel okayish about myself.. if it's any shorter than boob length I can't hide behind it! so it's a big deal to meeeee. thankyouuu if you even bothered to read all this.. x

Remember those walls I built?
Well baby they're tumbling down...
and they didn't even put up a fight,
they didn't even make a sound...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: New hair ideas..? WARNING LONGGGGG. - August 27th 2009, 05:03 PM

I do like extensions but if you are getting them try to go for the human hair ones or the synthetic hair ones that you can style. I have some that you can't style and it really bugs me because once you've washed them they tend to go wavy and you can't straighten them.

Also, why you're trying to grow your hair why don't you tie it up so it's out of your way? That way you don't have to straighten for it to look nice and you'll be able to carry on growing it without getting it cut.

I just have to say congrats on managing to grow your hair boob length, once mine gets to shoulder length I end up getting it cut because it annoys me.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Confused1isin Offline
Straight Edge LIFE!!!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kelly or Khaos

Re: New hair ideas..? WARNING LONGGGGG. - August 28th 2009, 04:12 AM

Oh HAIR!! Its true what they say about getting the dead and split end cut off, it keeps your hair healthy, and if you only get like an inch at a time you can go longer between cuts. I have waist length hair, and I cut the ends once a month or so. Also make sure your using some sort of product to protect your hair when you straighten it, because heat is the enemy of hair.

"It took a funeral to make me feel alive"
"
Forget regret or life is yours to miss, no other road, no other way. No DAY BUT TODAY!!!!"
  Send a message via AIM to Confused1isin Send a message via MSN to Confused1isin  
Closed Thread