TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
VoodooGirl Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sam

Temporary Dye - September 27th 2009, 07:34 PM

I have dark-ish brown hair. I wanna dye it black. Not to be in any certain crowd or cause im depressed or any stereotypical reasons, I just like the way black hair looks. However I don't want to use the permanent stuff because that's like impossible to get out I've heard. The temp stuff does get out in 6-8 weeks right? My mom seems to think if it's black it won't come out even if it's temp.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
A.A Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: alia

Re: Temporary Dye - September 27th 2009, 08:00 PM

i dyed my hair black. and it still hasnt come out after 1 year. and i desperatly want my hair color back. maybe u should go for a darker shade of brown, lyk a dark chocolate color. i think it'll be easier for it to fade

(#3 (permalink)) Old
VoodooGirl Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sam

Re: Temporary Dye - September 27th 2009, 08:07 PM

Oh. Alright, thanks

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Temporary Dye - September 27th 2009, 08:14 PM

Stargazer and manic panic both do temporary dye that lasts 6-8 washes but you get a bottle/tub of it so you can keep topping it up.
Manic Panic - http://www.manicpanichairdye.co.uk/

Also I don't know where you're from but superdrug and boots both do black temporary dyes too.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
firecracker Offline
Atheist Pagan
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Temporary Dye - September 27th 2009, 09:39 PM

First off, all I have ever heard about black dyes (permanent or temporary) is that they NEVER come out. You're hair will always be black, and trust me, I've read a ton about dying hair "unnatural" colors. (Black isn't technically unnatural, but you know what I mean.)

Manic Panic and SFX are more temporary (certain colors, like SFX Atomic Pink are completely permanent) , but what I've heard is that they don't wash out all the way either when using black. And they rub off on clothes, pillows, headrests, and when you swim, it will run down and dye your suit.

I talked to one girl who used Manic Panic in red and she said she had to clean the dye off of the counters everyday because it would, like, flake out of her hair.

Beware: No matter what dye you use, black will most likely NEVER come out.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Faye. Offline
maybe this time...
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Faye

Re: Temporary Dye - September 27th 2009, 09:59 PM

Hey there

I've dyed my hair black before with a temporary dye and it washed out after like 4 weeks (I was annoyed.. I wanted it to stay in longer ) I have also had it dyed permanently black when I went to the hairdressers and it faded away after a few months. I've never heard that black hair dye doesn't come out and haven't experienced it either.

However if you are nervous about it you could like Alia said dye it a deep chocolate brown or you could use a natural dye like Lush's Caca Noir. However i think the best thing to do would be to ask your hairdresser about it as they probably know a bit more

Faye

Feel free to PM me

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think its forever
-Carl Sagan

Send a message via MSN to Faye. Send a message via Skype™ to Faye. 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Acerbated Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Niki

Re: Temporary Dye - September 28th 2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
Manic Panic and SFX are more temporary (certain colors, like SFX Atomic Pink are completely permanent) , but what I've heard is that they don't wash out all the way either when using black. And they rub off on clothes, pillows, headrests, and when you swim, it will run down and dye your suit.

I talked to one girl who used Manic Panic in red and she said she had to clean the dye off of the counters everyday because it would, like, flake out of her hair.
That's really odd. I use Manic Panic and Punky Colors and never have I had a problem with it flaking out of my hair. For the first week my shirts would have a rim of blue at the top, but after that it's fine. my towels and anything else that touched my wet hair would have a tinge of blue, but otherwise it's not a problem.

Every time I try to give up, a little voice called hope says "one more try"

(#8 (permalink)) Old
firecracker Offline
Atheist Pagan
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Temporary Dye - September 28th 2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acerbated View Post
That's really odd. I use Manic Panic and Punky Colors and never have I had a problem with it flaking out of my hair. For the first week my shirts would have a rim of blue at the top, but after that it's fine. my towels and anything else that touched my wet hair would have a tinge of blue, but otherwise it's not a problem.
Well, I went through this long phase where I wanted to dye my hair magenta, so I researched all the different brands and that's what I read. I'm not saying they're all guaranteed to be true, but I don't think that many people would lie about it.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Temporary Dye - September 28th 2009, 06:26 AM

Even if they dye doesn't wash out properly your hair will still grow out and go back to your natural colour so if the temporary dye you use stains you hair a bit at least you can still grow it out. Although a lot of the time my dye seems to fade to dark brown when I dye it black.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Apathy Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Temporary Dye - September 28th 2009, 06:29 AM

I dyed my hair black about 8 months ago and have had to re dye it 3 times since then because it kept fading, even though it was permanent. It depends on the person I guess.

Closed Thread