TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nifty.
Not a n00b

Name: Mina.

Wink My boyfriends hair. - January 19th 2010, 07:37 PM

So'kay. His hair, is just wow.
I think it's supposed to be curly, but he's stopped taking care of it or something. Now it's just a frizz ball.
I need to know I can style his hair, get his curls back, and make him look even prettier. lol (: I mean, it's not like it matters, but it just sometimes bothers me cuz it makes him look sloppy, but I don't think he KNOWS how to fix it. Or he's lazy.
Does any guy or girl out there have short hair like this? Please explain how you fix it. xx

---
Originally joined;; October 2007.

Just one kiss and I'm alive,
One kiss and I'm ready to diee.
'Cause you're so beautiful.

Send a message via AIM to brokenwingedthing Send a message via MSN to brokenwingedthing Send a message via Yahoo to brokenwingedthing  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: My boyfriends hair. - January 19th 2010, 07:39 PM

Well my boyfriend's hair is similar but not short. I'd suggest that he buys some frizz-ease shampoo and tell him not to go out without drying his hair as that can make it all dry and urgh.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jonafin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jonafinnnnn

Re: My boyfriends hair. - January 26th 2010, 06:40 PM

real control shampoo by redken orrrrrrr all soft by redken

straighten it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Caro Offline
Average Joe

Re: My boyfriends hair. - January 30th 2010, 03:50 PM

No don't straighten it, curly hair is far too much work to straighten plus it can easily look good without it.

He needs to buy some sort of frizz control shampoo and conditioner specially designed for curly hair. I use one by John Frieda and it really works well. Infusium 23 is also really good or La Coupe Perfect curls. None of these are that pricey and can be found at drug stores. The most important part is to get a leave in conditioner that controls frizz. I have used one by Pantene, one by Infusium 23 and both work well. You just squeeze a little bit in your hands and massage it through your hair and voila.

Curly hair is really easy to take care of, just wet it, put in leave conditioner and you are ready to go. It takes me a total of 5 minutes to do my hair in the morning and I have short, curly hair and am a girl.

Also another trick for curly hair: don't wash it everyday. Curly hair is dry and doesn't get greasy fast. Also the drier the hair, the more frizzy it gets. I normally only wash my hair once a week and no one can tell. I do wet it every morning to get my curls back though.

I hope this helps.
Caroline

(#5 (permalink)) Old
St.Vincent Offline
Edna
I've been here a while

Name: Edna

Re: My boyfriends hair. - January 31st 2010, 06:34 PM

He's a guy, so I bet he's not going to want to do anything complicated (I wouldn't either lol) so straightening is out of the question, and probably any fancy styling job business isn't gonna happen.

I would do your research and buy him some special shampoo, and then tell him to, as the user above me said, wash his hair less frequently. See what happens.

I am waylaid by Beauty. Who will walk
Between me and the crying of the frogs?

(My PM box is always open.. if I can't help you, I'll find someone who can)

Closed Thread