TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dreams Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Picking my hair color, and dealing with damage, and my eyebrows. help please! - July 9th 2010, 04:56 AM

My natural hair is blond, and my eyebrows are a sorta dark brown. So I've been dying my hair for about two years. And I've been straightening it for about a year and a half. Needless to say, it's been damaged a considerable amount from all this, and I'm wanting to just quit and let it go natural.

I've thought of either dying it all back to my natural color so I could let it grow in, but in doing this, I would feel the need to dye my eyebrows to match my natural color. I'd have to pluck a lot, but I do anyway so this might actually be easier. BUT I think I look better with dark hair. I've also considered dying it a near-black so that way I wouldnt have to dye ALL of it everytime I needed to get my roots (the color fades by the time I need to fix my roots). I'm not sure what's smart here, though.

Noww, about the damage, it's a bit frizzed. I've put stuff like mousse in it, and as far as I can tell, none of it's helped too much. Leave in conditioner kind of helped, but egh. I've started skipping shampoo and just conditioning, and this helped, but I'm afraid it will just get obnoxiously oily eventually, so if there are any better methods, I want in on those.

I'm just weighing the options pretty much, and I'm looking for input.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Re: Picking my hair color, and dealing with damage, and my eyebrows. help please! - July 9th 2010, 06:12 PM

I would say don't touch your hair with hair dye at all for at least two to three months if not longer.
I have been dying my hair for close to six years now and my hair is pretty damaged. I just recently went two toned. I couldn't finish it because my hair was just that damaged and I know have to wait a little while to get the desired look. If your hair is damaged and frizzed I would say don't touch it with dye, don't put heat to it a lot, like straightening it or curling it. The occasional blow dry on low would be just about it.
I don't know where you live but there is a place called Sally's and its a beauty store. I would go there and there is this hair treatment to help get your hair healthy. Its by ion. And the packet says repair solutions Effective Care Treatment. It has helped with my hair a lot.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Picking my hair color, and dealing with damage, and my eyebrows. help please! - July 9th 2010, 09:00 PM

About the eyebrows, a girl I know dyes her hair darker blonde with lighter highlights, and she gets her eyebrows lightened and waxed professionally, so they match her hair better. So that may be something to consider if you want your hair to be its natural colour.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

Closed Thread