TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xHollyx Offline
Not a n00b

Name: holly

my hair and my friends hair :P - July 19th 2010, 10:35 PM

i have dark blonde/light brown hair and i want it light blonde,not bleach blonde but pretty light, will i have to bleach it to get it that colour ir can i just use an ordinary light blonde hair colour ?

and as for my friend she wants me to do her hair for some party thing but i havnt got a clue what to do with it,
she has thick meduim length hair with a full fringe and no layers and its poker straight any style ideas?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Re: my hair and my friends hair :P - July 20th 2010, 05:17 AM

As far as your hair. If you want the color you want and you have to bleach it to get it that way. It won't matter how light you go in the hair dye it won't be the color you want unless you bleach it. Trust me I have tried and tried and I had to end up bleaching it to get the desired color.

As far as your friend. I would say try and put some curl in the bottom.
Play around with it before the party (a few days before) and see what looks good.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Psychosomatic Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amanda

Re: my hair and my friends hair :P - July 20th 2010, 05:32 PM

To lighten hair you always need bleach, theres only so much sitting out in the sun can do. You might be able to use a box of dye, but any dye that would work would contain bleach. I strongly recommend getting it done by a professional because doing it at home can be a disaster, but since your hairs already blonde it can't go too wrong colour wise.

If you're doing it at home, look at the chart on the side of the box to see if it will dye your hair lighter. If not get a pre-lightener and the dye. Many of the main manufacturers will have instructions and tips for dying your hair on their websites, so check them out first.

As for your friends hair, you could curl it or make it wavy, or put it in some form of updo. Look at pictures online and on youtube for inspiration and just experiment on the days coming up to the party

Closed Thread