TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
EmisaurusRex Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Em

Need opinions/help. :) - October 21st 2010, 10:00 PM

Alrighty, so here's the low down.
I'm pretty sure I want to chop a majority of my hair off. Shorter than a bob. Maybe a longer pixie cut? I don't know. Right now my hair is a little bit past my shoulders, so it isn't super long to begin with. I think what I'm kind of leaning towards would end up being around 4 inches being cut off.
Here's my problem. I don't know if it will look good. And I guess no one knows if their haircut is going to look good if they've never gotten it cut like that before, but...
I have a chubby face. So I don't want to end up getting a haircut that makes my face look chubbier, ya know? I want it to look goood!!!
I've been trying to search for pictures and stuff and try to find articles about what would look best on a chubby, round face but I'm not having much luck. I've been searching for a few days now and I'm getting flustered.
I also don't have a hairdresser that I go to normally so I can't just ring up my hairdresser and ask them, because I don't have one.
I may just go by a place tomorrow while I'm in town and get an opinion, but for now I thought that I would ask you guys cause you are all fabulous.
And..um...
I'm not real comfortable with this due to self-esteem issues, but, here's a picture of me, if this helps.
forums/f26-hairstyling/att1134-009-jpg

Great works are performed not by strength, but by perseverance.
PM me anytime <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Need opinions/help. :) - October 22nd 2010, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Wispy Bangs
Straight, blunt-cut bangs aren't the best for chubby faces, as they're too severe. Instead, opt for off-center or sideswept bangs that fall to your eyebrows. If bangs are too short, the roundness is emphasized. Wispy bangs are a good choice, instead of thick bangs.

Bangs can work with a variety of hair lengths and textures, but generally look better on straight or wavy hair. Anyone with very curly hair should skip the bangs, as you need a more uniform length all over.

Off-Center Part
If you like wearing a part in your hair, part your hair on the side. Center parts only emphasize chubby faces. Your hair should be parted 1 to 2 inches off-center for the most flattering look.

Height
Volume on top of your head elongates your face. You don't want volume on the sides of your face, as this will only make it look rounder.

If you don't have bangs, wear your hair off your face, directed to one side, instead of straight back. If you're growing out your bangs, this is a good way to add height to your crown area. For long, straight hair, keep the sides closely brushed to your head. For curly hair, wear an off-center part and direct your curls to the side.

Curly
If your hair is curly, a great cut is crucial for minimizing a chubby face. A rounded cut (or curly Afro) is going to make your face appear rounder. Good haircuts for curly hair leave volume on the top of your hair, while minimizing volume on the sides. Ask your hairstylist for a cut with long layers. It's better to let your hair reach shoulder to past-shoulder length, as this gives the illusion of a longer face.

Short
If you prefer short cuts, focus volume on the top and keep your sides closely cropped.
I did some looking around and I found this article on ehow.com that looked like it had some really great advice.
A choppy cut would look really really good on you.

You can wear the latest choppy style; just make sure your stylist cuts in long layers and directs them to one side. Your choppy hairdo should stop around ear-length for an elongating effect. Otherwise, wear your hair past chin length.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
EmisaurusRex Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Em

Re: Need opinions/help. :) - October 22nd 2010, 03:48 AM

Thanks!
What do you mean by choppy though? I'm kind of dumb about hair most of the time. :/
Do you mean something like this? sorry it's massively huge. i can't make it smaller. :/

Great works are performed not by strength, but by perseverance.
PM me anytime <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Need opinions/help. :) - October 22nd 2010, 04:17 AM

Your welcome. I really like that.
Here are some other haircuts as well.

Do some looking around and see what you like.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
Closed Thread