TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Mourning the loss of my hair... - April 3rd 2011, 12:53 PM

Before yesterday evening, I used to have the most beautiful, long hair, but stupid me, I got bored of it. Let's just say this on the matter:

I let my grandma cut it.

She hasn't been in beauty school since the '80s. I don't want to upset her by saying I don't like it, but it looks just dreadful. At first, when it was wet, I liked it, because it looked a lot like Joan Jett's, even though that's far from what I wanted. Now that it's dry, the top layer is about 3 1/2 inches long, the second is about four, the next about five, the next about six, and the final layer of hair skips down to about ten inches. It looks like a cross between my mom's hair and a hideously badly done scene haircut. And I hate looking even remotely like my mom, which, because people already say I look like her, has only been improved upon by my hair.

Thank goodness for spring break, that's all I can say. It gives me time to fix it before I go to school. But with the top layer so short, and not wanting to lose any of the length, I can't really see a way to fix it. I thought about just straightening it, but my hair has never straightened very well, and my hair is almost burned from where I stripped the blue out of it around Christmas and had to dye back over it, so it's fuzzy on top, to boot.

I need some comfort, at the very least. Advice, at the best.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: Mourning the loss of my hair... - April 3rd 2011, 04:37 PM

I'm sure it doesn't look bad. Ride it out for a while. see how it goes. And grow it back out (: You'll be fine dear.

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Mourning the loss of my hair... - April 3rd 2011, 04:39 PM

Just keep saying to yourself : Hair grows.

And if you have the money perhaps make an appointment with a hairdresser so they can tidy it up a bit?

If that still doesn't work just stick a hat on it until it's grown out, you'll be fine

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ancora Imparo Offline
XVI VIII MMXIV. ♥
I've been here a while

Name: Jake

Re: Mourning the loss of my hair... - April 3rd 2011, 04:54 PM

Hey Ana,

I'm really sorry to hear that you aren't too happy with the way that your hair has turned out. However, I agree with everyone else that has said to keep telling yourself that hair grows and believe me, time seems to fly so fast these days that before you know it you'll have hair all the way down to your butt, well maybe not exactly but you see where I'm coming from.

As you said, time is on your side and because it's Spring break you have time to get yourself to a hairdresser who will hopefully be able to tidy things up for you a little bit. Life is all about different experiences and those experiences are what help us learn and grow as people. Sometimes they're great experiences and sometimes they aren't so great but I promise you that those not so great experiences make the great ones taste a lot sweeter! So for this life experience you have learnt to not let your Grandma cut your hair ever again and I'm sure you won't be forgetting this moment in a hurry, infact maybe one day you'll even be able to look back and laugh at it.

We all have had those disasters when it comes to our hair! About a week ago I bleached my hair and I was terrified that it would look bad and that I would be living in a hat for the longest time but I still went for it anyway because I'd rather do it and know it looked stupid rather than sit and wonder what if. However, it turned out pretty good and I'm happy with it so all is well!

I hope that this has made you feel a little better anyway and if you ever want to talk some more then feel free to PM or VM me whenever as I'm always more than happy to talk.

Take care!

When we're lost in the madness, kindness is wisdom.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Ancora Imparo 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Rudnet Offline
~Junoon~
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Mourning the loss of my hair... - April 3rd 2011, 05:03 PM

Hi there! I know exactly how you are feeling. I've been feeling the same way since the past three years because of my silly mistakes of letting people chop off my precious hair. Sometimes it was depressing, but on some days I learned to accept it. And even now (when my hair is growing the way I want it to) I still have awful bangs that look like they'd been hacked by a lawn-mower. But, despite all this, I keep telling myself everyday that "HAIR GROWS BACK, HAIR GROWS BACK." Just don't worry about it too much and try to throw positive feelings towards your hair so that it grows fast and nice. Also eat lots of food with Vitamin C and Protein. That helps hair grow fast. Don't make any decisions in haste, let your hair grow out a bit and then get an awesome new, shiny hair-cut. Till then, why not just experiment a bit with hair styles and find the one that suits your current hair-cut? Something that will go with the layers perfectly and wear your hair in that manner during the day time?

I hope this has helped, even a little bit! Just remember again, "It's just hair, it will grow back in no time!" Take care!
  Send a message via Yahoo to Rudnet  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Lotus Eater Offline
You are not alone.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Mourning the loss of my hair... - April 4th 2011, 10:47 AM

Try not to think about it! Emphasis on the 'try' here because I've had my share of bad haircuts and I know they're not fun. But hair does grow back out again and in a little while the haircut would've grown into a better shape (if you know what I mean).

But my advice to you would be to get yourself to a hairdressers if you really cannot bear the thought of going out into public with it. You can explain to them what has happened and as they are trained in these matters, they'll be able to touch up your hair a bit without actually taking off much more of the length. And if you're unable to get yourself down to the hairdressers anytime soon, just pin it up or put on a hat, dress it up a little so you don't feel so self-conscious although I guarantee you that if you try not to think about it and just 'rock it' (for lack of a better term), nobody will think about it too much.

Good luck! I hope it works out

You have me.
Until every last star in the galaxy dies.
You have me.

- Amie Kaufman

NEED TO VENT? CLICK HERE.
Never forget, you are not alone. ♥

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: Mourning the loss of my hair... - April 4th 2011, 11:57 AM

I think most people hate how their hair looks after having it cut so it may seem bad now but give it time, you might decide that you like it and if you don't, why not take a trip to the hairdressers, explain what happened and see if they could do something to make it more to your taste or as others have said, give it time and it will grow back.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Mourning the loss of my hair... - April 5th 2011, 05:57 AM

Hey,

I'm sorry that it didn't turn out like you hoped. Give it a while to see if you get used to it, and if you don't, you can go to a hairdresser and they will fix it up for you.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
Closed Thread