TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BethanyAnn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bethany

OMG MY HAIR IS PURPLE!?! what to do - June 7th 2011, 06:48 PM

I have natural brown hair with natural red in it, really long beautiful curley hair, people love my hair, I have dyed it once before because I like the red, it it came out fine and I loved it. This time I went for a permanent dye and I asked the stylist if it would come out the color it showed and she said yes with my hair color it would... Well it didnt I now have pretty long curley PURPLE hair that is almost borderline PINK and HOT PINK at that.... I want to redye it by a professional but I do not want to damage my hair further and risk it falling out.... What do i do now?!? And I went and washed it for an hour and a half with shampoo and conditioner to see what I could get out, but the color didn't fade...

"Have no fear for giving in, Have no fear for giving over
You'd better know that in the end, Its better to say too much, Than never to say what you need to say again" - John Mayer

Send a message via Yahoo to BethanyAnn Send a message via Skype™ to BethanyAnn 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ngikhona Offline
Inkululeko.
I've been here a while

Name: Keeley Siobhan

Re: OMG MY HAIR IS PURPLE!?! what to do - June 7th 2011, 07:38 PM

You could try a product like Color Oops, but I've found that neither the conditioning one or extra strength one really did much for me, but they work well for some people. Honestly, I think you'll be fine if you dye it again. People always say you shouldn't dye your hair twice within less than two weeks, but I've done it loads before and never had any problems. Especially considering that you haven't dyed your hair much before in the past, I think you'll be safe to dye it again now.

"Love me for me, accept the fact I'm true, live like I want, fufill my dreams,
Dream of me, run out free, capture your words and never let them go."

I'll see you on the other side.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Flying_Spirit Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: OMG MY HAIR IS PURPLE!?! what to do - June 7th 2011, 07:46 PM

My hairstylist once told me the best shampoo to strip color from your hair is head and shoulders. She said anyone with dyed hair should avoid it. It worked for me when my hair went bright orange. I mean seriously the red was meant to be semi permanent but it faded to orange and stayed orange.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: OMG MY HAIR IS PURPLE!?! what to do - June 7th 2011, 07:54 PM

Your best bet as well would probably to be to go ask a hair stylist who knows what they're doing. They'll be able to know what your hair can handle and so forth.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BethanyAnn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: OMG MY HAIR IS PURPLE!?! what to do - June 7th 2011, 08:07 PM

I called my my hair dresser he said he could either strip it or fade it.... My hair has gotten really long and its silky and pretty and I am scared to strip it... My friend said dye it black and it should give it a tint, but my dresser is already mad at me and I don't wanna call back and ask, so I don't know what I am going to do with it, I will go buy head and shoulders and try that, but I don't even wanna walk out the house.... And if that doesn't work then I guess I will go see me dresser, I would dye it black if I knew for a fact it would work... Do ya'll think it would work?

You'd better know that in the end, Its better to say too much, Than never to say what you need to say again" - John Mayer

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Flying_Spirit Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: OMG MY HAIR IS PURPLE!?! what to do - June 7th 2011, 08:53 PM

DYing it black is a bad move. Black on pink/purple hair will go jet black very few can pull that off. Alsi do not strip your hair it destroyed mine and a lot of people I know too.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
BethanyAnn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: OMG MY HAIR IS PURPLE!?! what to do - June 7th 2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire_Wings View Post
DYing it black is a bad move. Black on pink/purple hair will go jet black very few can pull that off. Alsi do not strip your hair it destroyed mine and a lot of people I know too.
then what to do? I wanna cry cause it looks soo bad

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Ashes2493 Offline
I'm only the monster u made me
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Re: OMG MY HAIR IS PURPLE!?! what to do - June 8th 2011, 07:37 PM

I personally would do the head and shoulders, because as stated before dying hair black is a bad move and I also know people who have stripped their hair and their hair was ruined.

Morgan Lynn 5/15/2010
Henry Thomas 12/15/2010

I love you both unconditionally

Let go of the fear Let go of the doubt
Let go of the ones who try to put you down
You're gonna be fine Don't hold it inside
If you hurt right now, then let it all come out
Breathe - Ryan Star

Your Helpful Tattoo Enthusiast Ask Away!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
BethanyAnn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

June 8th 2011, 10:38 PM

I have deiced I am not stripping my hair, haven't had a chance to get head and shoulders, and it seems like as time passes the color keeps changing so my mom and I call it the fushia Crayola box.... And the more it gets washed the lighter it gets.... It's something to laugh about but at the same time cry... Thanks you guys soo much I will try head and shoulders and avoid black

Thanks guys I went and got a second opinion the lady said it is fine and it looks good and she won't even mess with it cause my hair is soo pretty and it wouldn't be worth having it all fall out but this head and shoulders really works thanks again

Last edited by Ngikhona; June 10th 2011 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Merge.
Closed Thread