TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
tasha555666 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Tasha

Urgh Colour B4 went back black!!! - August 3rd 2011, 04:16 PM

I've dyed my hair from red to a cyber purple,accidently dyed black over it due to a stupid boredom night and i hated it because im pale,so i bought colour b4 as it doesnt hold those baddish chemicals init,i went to a brown colour,decided to put the cyber purple dye over the brown and it went BLACK

Im gutted i've only washed it twice since i've dyed it,you can see a tiny bit of brownish tinged/purple in my hair but hardly you wouldn't notice unless you had a great look.

I thought if i wash my hair alot it might fade it (as the cyber purple faded before and it went dullish) so i was hoping the black would fade alittle to show the purple but it hasn't yet,i've used a little bit of semi permanent purple with my shampoo hoping it will help..Its only been two washes and i cannot see a change...

I've got another box of purple here but dont fancy using it just yet because i dont think it will touch the black,i dont fancy dying my hair blonde because it dries the hair and i've already bashed it with dye this month..

Any advice???
I just need to lighten it really,i was thinking on condition using tresamme blonde thinking it may just wash the black out..

Does head and shoulder help fade dye or something..
Really dont wanna spend over 5 either (out of work atm).

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Urgh Colour B4 went back black!!! - August 4th 2011, 12:06 AM

Hey there,

I'm not sure where you live but if you have a Superdrug store near you then they sell a home brand of hair stripper which will strip your hair of all the colour. It's a bit risky doing it at home though since it can be very harsh on the hair so try it at your own risk and if you can afford it then get it done professionally.

Also, I don't recommend putting the purple on your black hair even after you've lightened/stripped it since putting too many chemicals in your hair can really damage it. I think you should take a break from dying for a while and give your hair time to recover.

I hope this helped

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Urgh Colour B4 went back black!!! - August 5th 2011, 09:17 PM

If any stores near you have Color Oops, then I recommend getting that. I've heard from several people that it didn't damage their hair and it helped get colors out of their hair, including black.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#4 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Re: Urgh Colour B4 went back black!!! - August 6th 2011, 12:03 AM

If you keep dying it, it isn't going to do anything, you will keep trying to fix it but you will keep making it worse. I highly recommend like Nicole, buy some color opps. It is worth it, I used it and it brought it back to my natural color that I haven't seen in six years. I don't know how much it will be but I really would invest in it even if you aren't looking to spend over 5

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
Mother of Dragons
I've been here a while

Re: Urgh Colour B4 went back black!!! - August 8th 2011, 07:08 PM

I recently used a hair stripping kit called MAXStrength. It is awesome.
It doesn't have any harsh chemicals and you can dye your hair straight after you've stripped it. Work quickly to re-dye your hair because it doesn't last.

And if you're dying your hair purple, or blue or red, it's best to bleach your hair first so that the colour holds for longer and doesn't fade.

I hope this helps dear <3

Closed Thread