TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ThePolarPanther Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Amber

Tough Hair - August 24th 2011, 04:41 AM

I can't ever seem to keep my hair straight... i straighten it, and it gets curlier and curlier throughout the day and i get upset because of this. Im trying extra hold hair spray but im not sure if it would hold... my hair is thick, and stubborn. Plus, the hair spray bottle likes to act as a squirt gun instead of a spray bottle. I dont want to spend any more money, what can i do to make SURE my hair stays straight throughout the day, without running to the mirror every 5 minutes? Thanks!

~:: ~ :: ~

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Tough Hair - August 24th 2011, 02:45 PM

Hey,

The best tip I have for you is to go and buy some thinning scissors and thin your hair out. If your hair isn't as thick then it'll straighten better and it'll take product better.

Also, you can get home straightening kits now so this might be something for you to look into. Some of them can be expensive though but they usually have the same brands in the bargain shops that are about half the price.

Take care and I hope you get this sorted my hair used to be the same so I feel your frustration

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Tough Hair - August 24th 2011, 04:42 PM

Do you straighten your hair often? If you do, it may be worth looking into permanent options. It can cost you $100+ but when done correctly it is quite effective and you won't have to worry about doing your hair in the morning.

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Tough Hair - August 26th 2011, 09:16 AM

what you could do is go to the hairdressers and get your hair thinned out and when you wash it use a hair dryer with a nosel and use a brush and point the blow dryer down and dry your hair that way your hair will be a bit more flatter and when you are straighterning your hair take your hair in small sections and follow your brush with your straightering then use a frizz-ease finshing cream. Hope that helps

(#5 (permalink)) Old
EndureEmo Offline
because you are amazing anyway
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Eliza-Grace/Endure

Re: Tough Hair - August 27th 2011, 10:18 AM

thinning it out would be the best opptionn ,,?

"Life isn't about how popular you are... What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts... and our minds. This is the reason why we sing... this is the reason why we cry... this is why we live."

ANDY SIXX
  Send a message via MSN to EndureEmo  
Closed Thread