TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Haunted Offline
STAR GAZER
Average Joe

Name: Serena

Question hair perfection - October 18th 2011, 08:39 PM

do you ever find your own hair horrible?
I've been struggling with a thing called "perfect-hair research"... I invented that word and you all know what I mean.
I always want my hair to be perfect and obviously perfect for me means the opposite of what it is.
Now, what's your idea of a perfect hair? And what's your real hair like?

My perfect hair is quite short, straight and black with blue reflections. Or quite long, straight and with some dark red parts.
But my hair is wavy.... kinda, quite frizzy and dry, and I don't even want to talk about my hair color. I always found it quite good but one day I was staring at my hair and I thoguht "wow! My hair color is incredibly horrible!".

MONACHOPSIS
the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place, as maladapted to your surroundings as a seal on a beach—lumbering, clumsy, easily distracted, huddled in the company of other misfits, unable to recognize the ambient roar of your intended habitat, in which you’d be fluidly, brilliantly, effortlessly at home.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: hair perfection - October 18th 2011, 11:28 PM

Could you dye your hair? I am a natural blonde and I hate it so I have been dying my hair now for a few years. It has actually been every color of the rainbow and most natural shades
They also make shampoos and leave in conditioners which can help reduce frizzyness. I love long choppy hair thats is black, red, or an unnatural color. I like hair that stands out and is fun

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
EndureEmo Offline
because you are amazing anyway
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Eliza-Grace/Endure

Re: hair perfection - October 19th 2011, 10:12 AM

my perfect hair, would be something like any of these ; http://www.polyvore.com/people_just_...ion?id=1167364

my hair is really bad in my oppinion but other people tend to like it and complement it, atm i have my hair purple with a bit of blue, its is short and im trying to grow it out to a long scene hair cut, currently my orange re-growth is growing out, so im also bleaching and dying my re-growth bright pink

"Life isn't about how popular you are... What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts... and our minds. This is the reason why we sing... this is the reason why we cry... this is why we live."

ANDY SIXX
  Send a message via MSN to EndureEmo  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Haunted Offline
STAR GAZER
Average Joe

Name: Serena

Re: hair perfection - October 20th 2011, 02:17 PM

I'd love to dye my hair but I have to convince my mom because she doesn't want me to dye my hair, she says I'm too young.

MONACHOPSIS
the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place, as maladapted to your surroundings as a seal on a beach—lumbering, clumsy, easily distracted, huddled in the company of other misfits, unable to recognize the ambient roar of your intended habitat, in which you’d be fluidly, brilliantly, effortlessly at home.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: hair perfection - October 20th 2011, 11:33 PM

My "hair perfection" is a scene cut that's a fair amount past shoulder length with an awesome swoop bang. And the hair is straight with like brunette colour and different colours like blue streaks and a blue and black coontail on either side in the front with red or purple on the bottom of the hair all the way around.

Whereas my hair is natural curly which I hate, the colour is ok, I've grown to like my natural colour a bit, and I have the cut I want but not the colours yet. But it's never straight! I sit there for hours doing it and it's curling back up within a few hours.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: hair perfection - October 22nd 2011, 06:56 AM

If I had my way, my hair would be waist length, perfectly straight and a bright platinum blonde or a dark brunette.

Closed Thread