TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Tattoos and Piercings This forum is to ask questions and discuss tattoos, piercings and other aesthetic body modifications.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Brandy McCarter Offline
ablm
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brandy McCarter

Points: 8,216, Level: 13 Points: 8,216, Level: 13 Points: 8,216, Level: 13

tattoo advice - July 10th 2012, 07:41 AM

im 15 and about to turn 16 in a few months, and ive convinced my mom to let me get a tattoo, does anyone know of any parlors that will do a tattoo for me? some places that will tattoo minors usually have a 16 year age limit, but i have a drawing of the tattoo that i did, and ive wanted it for three years, so im not going to regret it. any advice will be much appreciated!

twinkle um...is a good word
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Points: 43,443, Level: 29 Points: 43,443, Level: 29 Points: 43,443, Level: 29

Re: tattoo advice - July 10th 2012, 04:43 PM

There probably should be, but we wouldn't know since we don't know where you live. Just do some research and I'm sure you'll find something.

Member Since 1/15/2012
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Tegan Offline
Make a wish...
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tegan

Points: 15,225, Level: 17 Points: 15,225, Level: 17 Points: 15,225, Level: 17

Re: tattoo advice - July 10th 2012, 05:30 PM

From my (limited) experience places that tattoo minors are usually pretty shady because they're conducting something that is illegal?

I obviously don't know where you live but if I were you I'd wait until you are legal (not because you'll regret it or anything) but because the better tattoo parlours are often licensed and operate in a transparent way.

However, if wherever you live the legal age for getting a tattoo is fifteen then disregard what I just said and look on the internet. If you get a feel for a place go in and chat to the people and see what they have to say, ask them questions and if you like what they're offering then go for it, if not then don't. And remember you don't have to get your ink done the first place you go to.

You are the one, the one who lies next to me,
Whispers "hello, I missed you quite terribly"

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: tattoo advice - July 10th 2012, 05:59 PM

Many tattoo parlors have limited who they tattoo in terms of age now. When my boyfriend was your age, he was able to get a tattoo because he had his parents permission. Now he has 7, but then again, he's 24 years old. When I wanted to get a tattoo at 17, they had changed the rules where I couldn't get a tattoo until I was 18 years old.

You have to do your research. Tattoo parlors aren't like McDonald's where they are everywhere, owned by the same company. Shops are owned and operated by regular people wanting to give people something to make themselves stand out. Find a tattoo parlor who would be willing to tattoo you at 16. If one doesn't, move on to the next one. Only go to well-known ones in your area. You don't want to go to a shady shop since infections are spread quite easily this way if things aren't properly taken care of.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Brandy McCarter Offline
ablm
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brandy McCarter

Points: 8,216, Level: 13 Points: 8,216, Level: 13 Points: 8,216, Level: 13

Re: tattoo advice - July 12th 2012, 06:27 AM

i live in tennessee and my mom is willing to drive me somewhere relatively close to get it done. i know the parlors are usually shady but you can find a few good ones. thank you though, and i have looked online, but cant find anything.

twinkle um...is a good word
Closed Thread