TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Tattoos and Piercings (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/)
-   -   Placement for a tattoo (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/t110764-placement-tattoo/)

Strife October 8th 2012 05:09 PM

Placement for a tattoo

This is kind of long. >.>

So I want to get this tattoo, partially symbolizing my struggle with self harm. It's going to say "words are not enough" in a typewriter font. But I'm having trouble with where exactly to put it. I've already got one in the over my heart area, as well as my upper back. I want to be able to cover it up for future jobs (my current one doesn't mind tattoos but also doesn't pay well enough to stay at.)

But at the same time I want it to be something that I can see and look at to remind myself and stuff. And something I can "show off" without having to wear revealing clothing or lift up my clothes, etc. So I was thinking about my upper arm (where I have some rather visible scars but short sleeves should cover everything) not over the scars though. The scars are on the outer portion, like where upper arm tattoos usually go, and I want the tattoo next to them, like more towards the front of my body? I don't know if that makes sense. Between where an outer bicep tattoo and an inner bicep tattoo go, so you could see it if I'm facing you straight on.

I think I'd want it to fit where the scars stop and end so it would probably be split into two lines, which works for me, so like this:

"words are
not enough.
"

Thanks if you actually made it all the way through. What I'm asking I guess is if this sounds like a bad idea? In case there's some big flaw that hasn't occurred to me.

craz33me October 8th 2012 08:57 PM

Re: Placement for a tattoo

I was thinking the forearm until you said you wanted to hide it.. Maybe the upper part like you said.

Tigerlily. October 8th 2012 10:57 PM

I think that placement idea is great.

MermaidMassacre October 14th 2012 12:26 AM

I like the upper forearm idea. It would be easy to hide but at the same time easy to just pull up a short sleeve to show it.

MidnightMay October 14th 2012 12:59 AM

I have mine on my wrist and have no issues covering it because I wear bracelets now. I also think the upper forearm is a good idea you can wear shirts to fit them.

Eternal October 14th 2012 04:02 PM

Its a good placement idea. :) A couple other options would be on your thigh (you can see it when you wear shorts, skirts, etc.) on your foot or ankle (you can see it when you don't wear shoes), or on your hip (can see when wearing bikinis, etc.).