TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Tattoos and Piercings This forum is to ask questions and discuss tattoos, piercings and other aesthetic body modifications.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,346, Level: 14 Points: 9,346, Level: 14 Points: 9,346, Level: 14

how to make a unique tattoo? - October 31st 2012, 05:55 PM

In February, I am hoping to get a tattoo on my left wrist. I am currently in recovery and I would like my tattoo to symbolise the end of my self harm. I really want the tattoo to be black- NO COLOUR and so I thought of getting a black butterfly but its not that original. I would like to get something that no one will really have maybe some words or something but I just don't know what to have. Any ideas that would be a bit more meaningful than a butterfly for the butterfly project?? Please help!

When your in danger or in harms way its no longer just your life, its everyone who you have seen, spoken to, met, shared experiences with because even if you don't think that they have had an influence on your life or made you realise something, you have probably influenced them. Your never the only one involved in your life.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Points: 19,767, Level: 20 Points: 19,767, Level: 20 Points: 19,767, Level: 20

Re: how to make a unique tattoo? - October 31st 2012, 06:08 PM

What about a quote that's helped you or symbolizes what you've gone through to get to recovery?

I actually have a recovery tattoo too, mine is of a tree that covers my forearm which to me represents rebirth, growth, and a few other things.

Member since 2005
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MermaidMassacre Offline
Finding beauty in darkness.
I've been here a while

Name: Bridget

Points: 20,224, Level: 20 Points: 20,224, Level: 20 Points: 20,224, Level: 20

Re: how to make a unique tattoo? - November 2nd 2012, 12:29 AM

It doesn't matter how original it is. As long as it's something that has meaning to you. If you want an original tattoo you'll have to just think of something that has a lot of meaning to you and only one. Something that helped you through the recovery etc. Lyrics from a song, a pet, a person, something. Then go from there and just brainstorm. Anything that comes out of your mind will be original.

I'll do whatever it takes to be the mistake you can't live without.
Closed Thread