TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Tattoos and Piercings (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/)
-   -   What does this tattoo mean to you? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/t128196-what-does-tattoo-mean-you/)

CrystalJade January 31st 2014 01:45 AM

What does this tattoo mean to you?

1 Attachment(s)
I just got my second tattoo tonight and it says 'music is to the soul what the stars are to the heavens'. I felt like this was a beautiful quote and I was going down thr wrong path in life until I started focusing on the violin.

My interpretation is that the soul needs music just as the heavens need stars. What is your interpretation though? Does anyone get it or did I do something stupid?

Ennui. January 31st 2014 01:55 AM

Re: What does this tattoo mean to you?

I actually like that quote! I agree with your interpretation, at the very least if I didn't get the meaning I'd think that both are important to each other (music to soul, stars heavens)

Azure. January 31st 2014 02:31 AM

That's such a beautiful tattoo. I love the quote and how the letters are written! To me, it means just like the stars make the heavens beautiful, music makes the soul beautiful. You need stars in the heavens just as the soul needs music. I love it!

teenager149 January 31st 2014 04:53 AM

Indeed, a very beautiful quote. Music really is what touches our souls and what brings you up when you are down. Life without music is a mistake <3

Laurasaurus January 31st 2014 07:13 AM

Beautiful quote and gorgeous tattoo. I love how the capital letters are written. I agree with all the above interpretations, but I have one of my own: stars symbolize hope, in the heavens or in general, so maybe music is hope for the soul. :)

hopefuldreamer January 31st 2014 03:20 PM

I also play violin and I completely get the quote. I love it! Lovely quote and lovely tattoo!

Usernames Suck January 31st 2014 05:30 PM

I get what you meant by the quote. :)

Either way, what does it matter? It's your tattoo, it's meaningful to you, it's your body. I think the quote you chose is easy to understand but what if someone didn't? What if someone disliked it? It's not an offensive quote and it's meaningful to you, that's all that matters.

Rivière January 31st 2014 10:45 PM

A very beautiful quote. :)

My interpretation is that it's "Everything". Sounds odd but music is everything to so many people, it helps them through their day, it's there for when people aren't. It's their everything, it helps their soul, makes them feel better and lightens their load equally as much as the stars are needed for us to look up to in the night's sky.

CrystalJade February 2nd 2014 08:11 AM

Thank you all. The reason I was asking is because my boyfriend (who is the one that paid for it) sid he didn't understand it. You all have made me feel more secure about it though, so thank you!

DeletedAccount12 February 14th 2014 02:00 AM

That looks really good and it's such a beautiful quote. I get it too. Music is really important to a lot of people, it's touching and inspirational, and very easy to relate to. Basically, music is beautiful and so are stars. I love it. :)