TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Tattoos and Piercings (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/)
-   -   Have you regretted a tattoo? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/t135574-have-you-regretted-tattoo/)

Doodle. January 10th 2015 05:10 PM

Have you regretted a tattoo?

I'm thinking of having a tattoo soon (my first) but I'm worried I may end up not liking it and regretting it :/ I'm thinking a quote but I don't know quite what yet. Have you ever regretted having one?

Eternal January 10th 2015 05:15 PM

Re: Have you regretted a tattoo?

I have six and don't regret any of them. Even if later on you start to not like it as much, just remember you got it for a reason and it tells a story. If you're worried about regretting whatever you want to get, then wait a little while longer before you make an appointment. If you still want it, then go for it. :)

Oneirophobia January 11th 2015 05:28 PM

I have 7, and not yet have I regretted any of the ones I have gotten. They all tell a story, weather they are something that mean something really specially, or that you just liked it and wanted it.
If you regret it later on, you can always have it covered up. Take your time in deciding.

Sistrurus January 11th 2015 06:29 PM

I haven't regretted any of mine, I have regretted letting a different artist do one of them, but it isn't anything the artist I usually do can't fix. just be picky about who you use as an artist.

Doodle. January 12th 2015 06:51 PM

Thats good to know :) My sister's friend is a tattoo artist and works in a tattoo parlour, he's freakishly good so I'll probably go to him :)

LuckyCharmz January 14th 2015 12:49 PM

Sad, I had to count mine in order to remember how many I have.

Anyways, I have 7, and never once regretted them. Why? Because they all have special meaning to me in some way. Don't choose something that has no meaning to you, otherwise, you might end up regretting it.

anonymouswhale January 15th 2015 02:16 AM

I do not regret mine, but I regret not doing further research before picking an artist. I gave mine the image, blown up some, and didn't realize that they would just essentially paste my image onto me. So, mine is bigger than I would like it to be.

Chai. January 15th 2015 04:24 AM

I don't have any tattoos, but I know a couple of friends who regretted their tattoos. They both had their girlfriends names tattooed and both their relationships ended badly. Both had the tattoo covered and changed into something else. So, don't get a tattoo untill you are a hundred percent sure of wanting it. :)

Jordioa18 January 15th 2015 09:42 AM

Never had a tattoo either. If I'll get one, I won't do a girls name, cause after it breaks up, it's a damn given that I would regret it. I'll do the NXT or WWE logo for example, I won't regret that in the slightest.

Doodle. January 15th 2015 12:50 PM

LOL my friend's boyfriend has Natalie tattooed on himself (his ex's name) and the girlfriend he had after her was called Natalie and my friend is called Natalie :') It's not like he's looking for girls called Natalie, it just kind of happens for him :p

Obviously the chances of that happening are slim :p I would never tattoo someone's name on me, I find it a little tacky to be perfectly honest.

LuckyCharmz January 15th 2015 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Believe (Post 1163342)
LOL my friend's boyfriend has Natalie tattooed on himself (his ex's name) and the girlfriend he had after her was called Natalie and my friend is called Natalie :') It's not like he's looking for girls called Natalie, it just kind of happens for him :p

Obviously the chances of that happening are slim :p I would never tattoo someone's name on me, I find it a little tacky to be perfectly honest.

I have a friend who has his girlfriend's name tattooed on him...twice. He has one with both of their names and anniversary date, and to make his girlfriend's sister feel better, he decided to tattoo her name on his shoulder blade. When his girlfriend at the time became jealous, he got her name AGAIN on the opposite side. Needless to say, he regrets it very much.

I have my grandpa's name tattooed on my left forearm, in a memorial tattoo I had gotten right before he passed away (I wanted him to see it before he died so he knew how much I cared for him) and he had my name, my sister's name and my cousin's name along with my grandmother's tattooed on him a few years ago.

I wouldn't say it's tacky, under certain circumstances. If you go about it the right way, it works out. If you're doing it just to do it, then yes, it's tacky as hell.

Doodle. January 15th 2015 01:24 PM

A family member is fine in my opinion. I was considering having a butterfly with my grandmother's name underneath (my grandmother really liked butterflies) but I know that if she was here today she'd tell me not to be "twp" and don't have a tattoo at all :p She wasn't fussed on that kind of thing. I agree, it depends on the circumstances.

SilentBunny January 16th 2015 02:57 AM

I have close to 50 tats and don't regret a single one. As long as you dont get someones name, you should be fine. :)