TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Tattoos and Piercings (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/)
-   -   My tattoo artist messed my tattoo up I'm so upset (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/t151014-my-tattoo-artist-messed-my-tattoo-up-im-so-upset/)

bringmethehorizon♥ April 21st 2017 02:19 PM

My tattoo artist messed my tattoo up I'm so upset

I've been out of hospital for a few days now and as I am off work I used the time to get another part of my sleeve done.

I wanted the lyrics what doesn't kill you makes you wish you were dead

But my artist put what don't kill you makes you wish you were dead
It's my fault because with my dyslexia letters move when he showed me it I just said yeah.

I feel so down does What don't kill you makes you wish you were dead even make sense I'm so hurt.

CanadaCraig April 21st 2017 02:42 PM

Re: My tattoo artist messed my tattoo up I'm so upset

Hi Justin! :)

I appreciate why you're upset... but VERY seriously... I do NOT think it's bad. In fact the 'wrong version' has a charm all it's own. It's kinda cool! And YES it still makes perfect sense.

"What don't kill you makes you wish you were dead"

:)

bringmethehorizon♥ April 21st 2017 03:28 PM

I just feel so distraught right now but thank you.

bringmethehorizon♥ April 23rd 2017 02:11 PM

Guys this is still haunting me has anyone got at advice on how to mentally come to terms? People tell me it's beautiful it's just that one word.

Jess~ April 23rd 2017 05:32 PM

First of all, it is definitely not your fault. Yeah, you have dyslexia, okay. But the fact that you have that isn't your fault, so how can it truly be your fault that it affected you at that moment? If you get another tattoo in the future, ask them to read it out loud to you so you can be sure. :)

I struggle a lot with tormenting myself over the things I don't physically like about myself, and one tip my counselor tells me to practice is to look in the mirror (or in your case, at the tattoo) and notice the bad thing, but also recognize the good around it. Like "Yeah my nose is big, but look at those eyes."
So in your case, acknowledge that the mistake bothers you, but also look at the beautiful, cool parts of the tattoo. Like how much you like the font, or the designs around it.
Even with the mistake, it makes sense, though I definitely understand why you're so upset. I don't often recommend this, but perhaps keeping in mind that it could've been worse would help? Like at least nothing is mispelled or messed up in any other aspects. I know that's not the greatest help, but all you can do at this point is accept it or try to get it removed and redone.